Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Global Data Technology organization is responsible for leading new enterprise data offerings to increase the competitive advantage of the company through improved data management.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is currently seeking a highly experienced professional to showcase your technical expertise and passion. You will be working with a brilliant team of technologists who bring energy, focus and fresh ideas that support our mission to provide value by seeing the world "Through Clients' Eyes". The key focus of the role will be supporting enterprise class platforms namely; Informatica IDQ, Informatica EDC, IBM IGC, and Oracle EDQ.
Do you want to be a Senior Software Applications Engineer for a large Data Governance/EDW team managing over 200 terabytes of data, 4000+ workflows and a diverse technology stack ranging from Teradata to MongoDB? At Schwab, the Global Data Technology organization governs the strategy and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms. We need Senior Software Applications Engineer who is passionate about user support and high quality systems implementation.
What you'll do:
You will be a Senior Software Applications Engineer for a large Informatica installation supporting multiple DG and IDW groups. You will be responsible for the health of the environment and Support PowerCenter, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) and Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC), DVO; requires prior experience installing, upgrading and supporting Informatica tools. You will also onboard other user groups onto the shared platforms. You will engage and work with the architecture team for future environment changes, additional add-on usage and upgrades.
Details of the role include:
* Supporting the Production, UAT, QA and Development of Informatica Data Quality 10.X, Enterprise Data Catalog, DVO and Informatica power center 10.x environments.
* Administration of Informatica and Prior experience installing, upgrading and supporting environments
* Experience in massive data profiling using IDQ (Analyst Tool). Ensuring developer/user compliance with environment strategy including devising monitoring methodologies and/or processes.
* Strong in implementation of data profiling, creating score cards, creating reference tables and documenting Data Quality metrics/dimensions like Accuracy, completeness, duplication, validity, consistency.
* Worked on deploying metadata manager like extensive metadata connectors for data integration visibility, advanced search and browse of metadata catalog, data lineage and visibility into data objects, rules, transformations and reference data.
* Outlining best practices for Informatica repository usage, security controls, version control, code migration, and UNIX scripting, logging, and other development and deployment procedures.
* Troubleshooting during system downtime to restore service (working with vendor if necessary), determining root cause and establishing procedures to avoid recurrence.
* Supporting the system running on a Linux OS.
* Lead a 24x7 support team to provide production & off-shore development support; Manage Tier 1 production support for processes; Senior Software Applications Engineer may be contacted to provide tier 2 support as a point for escalations.
What you have:
* 5 - 7 years of experience in managing Informatica platforms
* Experience with Informatica tools like IDQ, EDC and DVO
* Familiar with Data Governance tools like Oracle EDQ, IBM IGC, and Collibra etc.
* Experience performing Informatica upgrades and hot fix installations.
* Experience with Unix Shell Scripting including troubleshooting.
* Experience with multiple database platforms including Teradata, Oracle and SQL Server.
* Proficiency in Informatica Power Center 10.1x or higher (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor).
* Experience with the Informatica security model, LDAP integration, and managing large ETL environments.
* Experience in Release Management Processes - Leveraging Informatica / and or 3rd Party Tools & Utilities
* Experienced in system & performance management (Unix/Linux/Database environment)
* Experienced in SQL, XML, Java, Web services
* Experience on Informatica Data Quality - installing and setting up IDQ services
* Experience with Control-M job scheduler
* Documentation experience for repeatability; resource should document all associated processes, system accounts, security groups, etc.
* Experience coordinating effective communication between teams. Proactively communicate upcoming outages and their impacts to the relevant audience with appropriate lead time, as well as confirmation of completed activity and any issues encountered
* Team player with knowledge sharing; ensure team is cross-trained to avoid impact when a team member is out of office
* Overall familiarity with concepts in Information Management, Information Governance, and Data Stewardship
* Good to have Oracle EDQ experience, setup of Oracle EDQ processes for data profiling, data cleansing, data enrichment, duplicate identification, building data lenses and enabling product classification. Configuring and customizing Oracle enterprise data quality tools; Ability to analyze and apply patch releases and bug fixes
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-System Administration-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, May 31, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.