Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Scrum Master has a hands-on role in managing the Scrum process within software development teams. They help their teams adopt and improve on the Scrum methodology. They coach their teams to higher levels of maturity by continually improving their process, and ensuring that they adhere to the Scrum framework. They lead efforts to get Scrum training for all members of their team (Product Owners, developers, QA, business analysts, managers, stakeholders, etc.) They serve as the Scrum framework authority for their teams and evangelize and educate their teams on, not only the process, but the benefits of following the process.
As a servant-leader, the Scrum Master leads dedicated teams to deliver business value through their development and delivery execution. He/she works with Product Owners to ensure the appropriate development and delivery of the prioritized backlog. Scrum Masters have above average communication and facilitation skills, are well organized, and exhibit above average follow-up and follow-through skills. They facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution. They evangelize, demonstrate, and live the Agile values and principles as stated in the Agile Manifesto.
What you'll do:
The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and release management. The Scrum Master will be responsible for promoting Agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments, promoting empowerment, radiating information, and managing Agile releases. The Scrum Master position is highly responsible and accountable and will help the teams continuously improve.
The Scrum Master is a motivated, self-driven individual with deep knowledge of Agile practices, Scrum, and Kanban. Candidates should have real world experience implementing and improving agile workflows.
* Organize and facilitate standard Scrum ceremonies
* Track and communicate sprint, release, and project status
* Recommend and implement optimal usage of tracking tools to facilitate transparency and support inspection/adaption
* Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practices; support Leadership and Project Leads as necessary
* Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection planning; identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal; Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
* Empower the teams to self-organize; improve the productivity of the sprint teams; ensure that the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially releasable.
* Facilitate and participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule
What you have:
* Scrum Master and/or Product Owner Certification
* 10+ years as a Scrum Master for 2+ concurrent teams
* Experience with Scrum and Kanban methodologies, preferably in an Enterprise environment
* Experience with work tracking tools (JIRA, Zephyr, JQL, Etc.)
* Excellent team leader with the ability to influence and shape organizational direction
* Excellent listening and reflective skills; excellent verbal and writing abilities; proven two-way communication and presentation skills
* Experience radiating information to stakeholders and executive level management
* Experience working with Agile methodology on high visibility, technically complex projects and/or releases
* Experience applying Agile methodologies to third party application development preferred
* Experienced and recognized change leader
* Practitioner experience with Financial Services, Banking and/or Healthcare and/or Defense regulations preferred.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.