Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Trading Experience Technology Applications team is responsible for the Active Trader StreetSmart family of products, including the flagship trading platform StreetSmart Edge. StreetSmart Edge leverages advanced C# .NET and WPF technology to provide easy to use yet powerful workflows that empower our most active trading clients to engage in the markets with confidence and provide the flexibility to adjust to their unique needs.
What you'll do:
As part of our continuous investment in the SSEdge platform we continue to integrate advanced options trading capabilities from our Options Xpress platform. To drive the next generation of innovation and expand our cutting edge desktop software we seek a dynamic and energetic senior software developer to join our world class team. We are looking for candidates with a strong software engineering foundation and a desire to apply their deep experience using the most advanced software development and trading technologies in the market. This position will involve development of a complex user interface on SSEdge for high performance time-sensitive desktop trading and processing of large volumes of real-time data, using WPF. WPF will also be used for visualization of complex streaming market data and account information.
What you have:
* 10+ years of .NET software development experience
* 2+ years of Agile/Scrum development methodologies experience
* 5+ years C# experience
* 5+ years WPF experience
* Strong Windows application development experience
* Strong multi-threaded programming experience
* Strong UI development experience
* Good understanding of object-oriented design concepts
* Strong analytical & debugging skills
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
* Self-starter that can manage multiple priorities concurrently with minimal direction
* Ability to anticipate future risks and take mitigating steps proactively
* Familiarity of continuous delivery/continuous integration techniques.
* Professional experience developing distributed, scalable enterprise-class UI applications a plus
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: Yes Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: HS/GED Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Expiration Date: Friday, August 16, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.