Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Client Experience Technology, CET, is looking for a Technical Lead with strong object oriented development skills and team leadership experience to lead large projects, mentor the team and develop engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring that solution architecture and designs are implemented in a manner which meets all business requirements, as well as, maintain alignment to all applicable technology and quality standards.
What you'll do:
* Partner with Solution Architects and Platform Architects to ensure implementations meet the solution architecture and design.
* Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
* Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
* Understand, advocate and augment the platform principles, guidelines and standards
* Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
* Participate in all relevant governance activities
* Assist with the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
* Align the solutions with the platform strategy.
* Document all application / system design and analysis work.
* Work closely with the program management office (PMO) to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
* Advocate for agile practices to increase delivery agility.
* Assist with the talent acquisition process by performing candidate screening for key technical roles.
* Provide coding standards and ensure they are met.
* Solution Architecture Design (SAD) or SAD Lite (for medium to low architectural significance work efforts)
* All quality metrics, such as security code scans, penetration testing results, open bug / issue counts, change / problem / incident counts, SLA breaches, capacity alerts, etc.
* Development, coding and testing standards
Scope of Activities:
* Stakeholders (product owners, architects, governance facilitators, developers, testers, etc.)
* A wide array of full-stack technologies (UI, middleware, database, messaging, caching, etc.)
* A wide array of SDLC activity engagement / awareness (design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, day two operations)
What you have:
* Ability to apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients
* Minimum of five years (5) of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management, building complex, resilient and highly scalable applications, or operations
* Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
* Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
* Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
* Bachelor's (BS) degree in Computer Science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
* Prior leadership of teams, across multiple complex client projects on a wide array of SDLC activities
* Prior hands on object oriented development experience with .Net or Java
* 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry is preferred
You demonstrate these behaviors:
* Developing Others
* Business Acumen
* Fostering Innovation
* Fostering Teamwork - Team Leaders
* Influencing Others
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: Yes Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, August 25, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.