Fort Worth - TX, TX13601F, 13601 North Freeway, 76177
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab is seeking a technical/functional developer that will contribute to PeopleSoft 9.2 development and test automation efforts. This role requires an individual that is strong and versatile technically and will collaborate with other developers, business system analysts, and end users.
What you'll do:
The technical/functional engineer will directly contribute to development and test automation efforts involving shell scripting, SQL, and PeopleSoft specific technologies such as PeopleSoft Test Framework, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Event Mapping, Integration Broker, etc. This engineer will be comfortable working in a team environment that delivers by way of Agile and Scrum methodology.
* Develop and enhance integrations via web services (Integration Broker), ODBC, and Flat Files
* Create and maintain test automation scripts via PeopleSoft Test Framework. Drive execution of test automation as a standard release readiness practice.
* Create, tune, and update SQL scripts
* Implement PeopleSoft functional enhancements using PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, DEIU, Event Mapping, etc.
* Review and validate peer development efforts
* Coordinate with Analyst and customer colleagues to facilitate functional validation and User Acceptance Testing
* Work closely with Tech Lead and Architect to implement and improve SDLC practices
What you have:
* 1-3 years of technical development and design experience, test automation background preferred.
* PeopleSoft 9.2 experience, or experience with a similar ERP
* Proficiency in Oracle 11g or higher
* Functional knowledge of one or more of the following PeopleSoft modules a plus: GL, AR, AM, AP, PO, PC
* Proficient with PeopleSoft Reporting Tools (ex. nVision, BI Publisher, PS Query, Simplified Analytics)
* Proficient with Oracle PeopleSoft PeopleTools including PeopleCode/iScript, Application Engine, Component Interface & Integration Broker, XML/BI Publisher, SQR, SQL, PS Query, BPEL; OBIEE a plus.
* Familiarity with one or more of the following a plus: C#, Java, MS SSIS/SSRS, ASP.NET
* Familiarity with Finance business processes
* Highly adaptable to changing environment
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail; ability to pick up complex concepts and processes quickly
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Management, Math, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs Position Located In: TX - Ft Worth Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, May 9, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.