We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology, join us.
The Computer System Security Analyst (CSSA) will be focused on the accredited information systems approved to process classified information. The CSSA will be appointed to Information System Security Officer (ISSO) roles based on the information systems under their purview. The CSSA is responsible for the security operations of these systems, including system audits, maintaining information security policies, procedures and settings, pursing administrative updates to the hardware and software baselines, and other assigned projects along those lines. The CSSA will work in concert with the current ISSM and fellow members of the security team to accomplish security initiatives in furtherance of L3 AS&T's overarching mission. .
You will demonstrate success by:
* Maintain the security documentation for information systems under their purview, to include System Security Plans (SSP), Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M), hardware and software baselines, and written procedures for specialized processes such as Assured File Transfer/Trusted Download or Periods Processing. * Perform Information System (IS) scanning based on vulnerabilities and threats or regulatory compliance; maintaining a consistent security posture. * Conduct risk assessment testing procedures for verification of Certification & Accreditation (C&A)/A&A/RMF safeguards to meet various regulatory requirements based upon NISPOM, RMF for DoD IT, ICD 503, JSIG & NIST 800-series guidelines * Schedule, perform and maintain records of required Information Security auditing, maintenance logs, software/hardware changes, and anti-virus updates. * Develop and conduct test procedures for verification of Certification & Accreditation (C&A), Authorization and Accreditation (A&A), Risk Management Framework (RMF) safeguards to meet customer requirements based upon NISPOM, NISPOM Overprint, DCID 6/3, JAFAN 6/3, JSIG, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253 and related NIST Special Publications 800 series. * Coordinate with Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contractor Program Security Officers (CPSO), and Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to define, implement and maintain information security policies, strategies, and procedures. * Other duties as assigned.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a U.S citizen with an active DoD secret clearance with current 5 year update. Must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required * Bachelors Bachelor's Degree, preferably in the field of Information Technology/Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
* 4 years as an industrial security professional working in a defense contractor environment
* 2 years direct experience as a Computer System Information System Security Officer (ISSO), Information System Security Manager (ISSM), as defined in either chapter 8 of the NISPOM, or as defined in chapter 2 of JAFAN 6/3 * Experience with the following Information Assurance compliancy tools: Nessus, SCC, HBSS, ACAS, VMS, CIS Tool, RAT, eMASS and XACTA * Experience implementing security regulations stemming from sources such as Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) as well as the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) 800-series. * Ability to implement system security controls on multiple Operating Systems (OS), UNIX, Linux, and Windows. * Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions * High degree of attention to detail
* High degree of interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
* Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
* DoD 8570 compliant: Security , CASP and/or other equivalent security certification (desired) required within 6 months of hire; Cisco, MCSE, MCSA or LINUX certifications a plus
* CISSP certification within 6 months of hire
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.#LI-RL1
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.