We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
We are searching for a Software Quality Engineer II in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano,TX
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3 AS&T may be the company for you.
This position will be responsible for applying, and maintaining standards for systems and software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures. This position will be responsible for maintaining SQE efforts to support successful execution of AS&T defense industry programs.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Support Software Quality Engineering discipline/capability * Implement Software Quality related processes, procedures, and performance metrics at the Company and Program level * Contributing member of an Integrated Program Team to design, test, and implement software products * Assess processes to ensure compliance to established requirements * Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the systems and software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives * Ensures that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts * Develops, publishes and implements, Software Quality Assurance Plans (SQAPs) or the SQA role and responsibilities in the Software Development Plan (SDP) and other test plans/procedures * Identify and develop quality improvement initiatives * Conduct software inspection, testing, verification and validation * Implement software development and maintenance processes and methods * Ensures measures meet acceptable reliability standards * Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and or process requirements * Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies. Performs or directs verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability * Interface with personnel from individual programs and apply engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical software problems or design issues to improve quality or performance * Other duties as required by Quality Management
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain DoD secret clearance ; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required * Bachelors degree in engineering preferred. * Minimum 2-3 years in Software Quality Assurance Engineering environment in a high-tech design, development, and/or manufacturing environment * C/C Software Life Cycle Development experience
* Experience in military product development and production required
* Knowledge and experience shall include familiarity with Quality System standards, ISO 9001:2008, AS9100:2009 (and AS9115), and the Software Engineering Institute CMMI-DEV model V 1.3, with emphasis on the PPQA Process Area.
* Strong communication skills, both written, oral, and presentation are required
* Experience working with relevant stakeholder organizations such as program management, systems engineering, software development engineering, configuration management, and others is required
* Good interpersonal and teaming skills.Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
* Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 20% and to lift up to 20 lbs.
* ASQ certified SQE
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.