L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Plan, conduct and manage engineering research, design and development projects involving either hardware or software solutions. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Primary Job Duties:
* High level of oversight for personnel screening systems development projects. Responsible for project schedule and budget and drives cross functional technical team to achieve established delivery schedule.
* Lead through complete lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production using established formal development process.
* Responsible to manage and publish technical design specifications including analysis and decomposition of customer, product lines, sales and key suppliers requirements into subsystem specifications. Define test strategy and V&V plan with traceability back to requirements to ensure compliance.
* BS in Electrical or embedded software engineering with a minimum of 7 to 10 years working in a Project and / or System Engineering function. MS preferred.
* Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, physical science disciplines. Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design tradeoffs with respect to cost and performance.
* Proven experience with managing major suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Proven experience to estimate project budget and schedule required across engineering disciplines.
* Demonstrated past success as an individual contributor with current position in a leading role as a project engineer, a technical engineer, or a high level system engineer.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
* Previous experience with the development airport checkpoint or check baggage solutions preferred.
* As needed
A competitive market-based compensation package, commensurate with the responsibilities and experience requirements will be provided.
If you are excited about Saving Lives and Making the World A Safer Place to Live, Sharing our Values and Exceeding our Leadership Excellence Expectations, please introduce yourself by sending your resume to:
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.