Staff Software Engineer
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
Job Description: Hands on real-time C software developer with prior lab experience integrating with, and debugging on, target hardware is required. Candidate must be a self-starter and demonstrate an ability to rapidly learn the complex SW architecture and GPS user equipment SW components. Ability to translate requirements into design and implement them. Prior GPS, signal processing or navigation user equipment background is strongly desired. Knowledge of military GPS receivers, standard user host interfaces, position, velocity and timing, Kalman filters, covariance analysis, sensors such as IMUs, digital signal processing or tracking loops is a plus as is experience with VectorCast, Klocwork, automated embedded system testing or Matlab.
This position is involved in all software development life cycle project activities (analysis, preliminary and detailed software design, code, test, artifact collection, verification, documentation and product release per the L-3/IEC software process ) under limited supervision. Requires an ability to implement the concepts defined by principal engineers and chief scientists.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Performing complicated and difficult engineering work of major complexity requiring a high degree of technical competence.
* In addition to individual contributor SW design, development and test activities, duties may include responsibility for planning and delegating portions of technical projects.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in a Technical Discipline such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, EE, or Math. Minimum of 3-5 years experience with emphasis in embedded real-time software engineering.
* Platform experience should include Windows, C/C , GCC. Experience with DOORS, DOD product lifecycle management processes, knowledge of software methodologies such as Structured Analysis/Design and/or Object Oriented Technologies, UML, Agile/SCRUM are beneficial.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Special Requirements: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required for this position.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.