PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR's Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
We are looking for an experienced Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator with an ability to manage thousands of enterprise level databases in a scalable database solution. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about learning new technologies and implementing solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the existing platform. The ideal candidate demonstrates solid business and communication skills and ability to work with business and technical teams. In this role, you will serve as the expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost database solutions. The Database Administrator will design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance database structures. Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling. He/she will be tuning performance on queries running over millions of rows of data. The person in this position should be analytical, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement. The Database Administer should be a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment and should have excellent business acumen and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Design, implement, and support SQL Database transactional and data warehouse infrastructure on-prem.
* Support for Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
* Be able to performance tuning for MS SQL Server in various aspects such as Server tuning, stored procedure turning.
* Generates scripts for database deployment. Familiar with DevOps methodology to automate the database deployment.
* Good understanding of relational data modeling including physical database design using erwin data modeler. To perform
* Provides database support estimate for new projects.
* Be able to support multiple RDBMS engines and work in the AWS cloud environment.
* Provides on-going support for Agile projects related to the database support.
* Contributes to and maintains database standards.
* Ensures security is integrated into all data solutions to meet compliance standards.
* Performance database backup and restore procedures. Have experiences with Disaster Recovery procedure and validation.
* Implement and support SQL Server high availabilities, such as log shipping, replications and always-on Availabilities Groups.
* Support SQL Server database migrations or upgrades
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 5+ years relevant experience in data modeling and data architect.
* Expertise with SQL and relational database systems.
* Knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
* Knowledge of data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
* Knowledge of modeling logical/business data requirements in a data model tool, such as ERWin data modeler.
* Experience in generating scripts for physical database deployment.
* Ability to teach data modeling and data design concept to IT and business people.
* Familiarity with Cloud, NoSQL, and Hadoop data technologies
* Familiarity with dimensional and data vault modeling techniques.
* Familiarity with ETL tools and techniques.
* Knowledge of more than one database platform, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and Teradata.
* Knowledge of standard data model reports.
* Must have knowledge of data normalization and denormalization techniques
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including active listening, problem solving when under
* pressure, and facilitation.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Strong scripting skill preferred, such as Python programming language.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: System Administrator, Database, SQL, DBA, Warehouse, Technology, Manufacturing
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.