Design Engineer responsible for release and selection/configuration logic definition for heavy duty vehicle software.
Job Functions / Responsibilities:
* Release control of software components and parameters for heavy commercial truck
* Release drawings to document software and calibration part number definition and parameter characteristics
* Complete engineering change notice documentation to manage old and new software & calibration parts and parameter definitions
* Define calibration and software component structure to support vehicle option configuration goals
* Evaluate and improve processes for selecting, configuring, composing, and delivering embedded software
* Track and update overall release schedule for components within the engineers portfolio
* Track and report progress of support activities (sales tool updates, selection logic changes, programming tool releases, software test, and any required regulatory submissions) leading to launch readiness
* Conduct tests (paper pilot) of vehicle configuration logic and support plant pilot builds
* Support launch at truck assembly plants as needed, and resolve field issues as identified
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers and other professionals to ensure industry-leading quality of the content delivery is met/maintained/exceeded on all releases
* Coordinate with suppliers as needed to ensure purchased software is delivered on-time and correctly structured for PACCAR use
* Up to 10% travel.
* Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electrical, Software, or Mechanical), Computer Science, or equivalent
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, lean, collaborative team environment
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and planning/tracking skills
* Competency with standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
* Able to learn and use new processes and techniques and resourcefully solve complex technical issues
* Ability to structure logic and translate between customer-driven sales requirements and engineering-driven technical solutions
* Commitment to reliability, value, and quality in all aspects of work
* Willingness to grow continuously, both personally and professionally and a strong results orientation
* 3+ years design & release of automotive or commercial vehicle systems, including software, electronic controls, switches, driver input devices, and/or HMI desired
* Proficiency using Engineering tools (Pro-Engineer, Mentor Graphics, Matlab/Simulink) helpful
* Awareness of heavy duty commercial truck regulations, especially affecting instrumentation, emissions, safety, and On Board Diagnostics
* Understanding of truck design and application as it impacts electrical/electronic systems, architecture, and software-driven functionality
* Specific experience or expertise in one or more of:
* Automotive HMI/ Instrumentation/Driver Controls
* Diesel Powertrain Control Systems
* Vehicle Controls
If you would like more information about what makes PACCAR an excellent place to work, please visit the PACCAR Career Site.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.