PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR's Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
This position is responsible for providing technical support of AS/400 iSeries globally for the PACCAR divisions.
We are looking for a talented, high-impact person - the kind of contributor who is willing to get into the details and wants to make a big difference for our business by developing best-in-class systems solutions to support our diverse business teams. This team member will be working on one or more, small to large projects that require versatile skills in multiple technical and global environments. This position will research and resolve problems, develop technical specifications from business requirements, coordinate technical support, participate in cost benefit analysis, and contribute to software and process solutions. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of various IT systems and will develop technical/systems design and functional specifications, produce deliverables related to the project(s) assigned. This position is responsible for all gathering, compiling and synthesizing information with regard to infrastructure technology, processes or systems. Any former SOX compliance work in the past is a plus.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* OS/400 Upgrades, Security and Auditing;
* Software and Hardware Installations and Configurations;
* Performance and Application Tuning;
* Capacity and Storage Management;
* AS/400 iSeries Network Configuration;
* PTF Applies and System Management;
* Project Support;
* Disaster Recovery Preparedness and Testing;
* Problem Diagnosis and Resolution;
* SOX compliancy work
* Training tier 1 and tier 2 analysts
* Documentation and Consultation for Operations and Applications;
* Other duties as assigned.
* 3+ years of AS/400 iSeries system support experience.
* Knowledge of AS/400 iSeries infrastructure including: OS/400, AS/400 iSeries, IBM Power Systems, Command Language, Journaling, Client Access, Communications (Ethernet, SDLC, TCP/IP, ODBC), Security, OS/400 & PTF Installs, AS/400 iSeries Hardware
* Experience with LPARs, Help Systems Products, NetIQ
* Proficient PC skills include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
* Excellent communication (written/verbal)
* Project Management and leadership skills
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment
* Ability to effectively work under pressure with a minimal amount of supervision
* Display a commitment to quality, strong multi-tasking skills and an aptitude for leadership.
* Bachelor's degree and/or technical certifications are desired
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Systems Engineer, Consulting, Engineer, Testing, Engineering, Technology, Research
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.