Job Title: Vehicle Function Definition Engineer
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company:
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World's Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company's dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks powered by, compressed and liquefied natural gas, hydrogen fuel cell, diesel-electric hybrids and electric trucks. Kenworth is the first truck manufacturer to receive the Environmental Protection Agency's Clean Air Excellence award in recognition of its environmentally friendly products.
Kenworth Vehicle Engineering is seeking energetic, proactive engineers with interest in defining, designing and verifying advanced vehicle functions and solutions for future products. The Vehicle Integration team is responsible for managing the comprehensive portfolio of advanced integrated technology and software features within the vehicle. The ideal candidate has excellent communications skills, can bring multiple stake-holders together, and has a passion for understanding how heavy duty trucks are used.
Job Functions / Responsibilities:
* Define advanced vehicle features with inputs from customers, sales teams, product planning, government regulations and industry standards to capture customer and business needs.
* Develop functional designs for vehicle systems and software features including test requirements.
* Define the interactions between vehicle functions.
* Support software integration through V-Model (SPICE) process for product development.
* Execute work plans for upcoming programs by defining use cases, function requirements, design constraints & decisions and function architecture.
* Coordinate vehicle function deliverables with cross-functional teams such as Controls Function Design, Prototyping, E/E Architecture, Technical Requirements Specifications, Hardware Development, Software Development, Software Release, and Programming & Diagnostics.
* Proactively take initiative, manage multiple tasks, be a strong team player and problem-solver in an ambiguous environment.
* Work with global teams to deliver common, cost-efficient solutions PACCAR-wide (Up to 10% travel may be required).
Qualifications & Skills:
* BS in Engineering or related field required; MS in Engineering or related field and PE license preferred.
* Experience with automotive or truck embedded systems and software required. Experience with electric or hybrid electric trucks is a plus.
* Experience with V-Model (SPICE) software development and ISO 26262 preferred.
* Ability to keep multiple projects moving forward in parallel.
* Proficient in technical writing.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Software Tools required
* Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, IBM Rational Doors Next Gen (DNG), IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) preferred.
* Understanding of Hazard and Risk Assessment(HARA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
* Ability to communicate complex concepts or data in a simple-yet-accurate manner.
* Familiarity with agile development. Requires independent judgment and effective decision making skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, lean, collaborative team environment
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Embedded, Product Development, Engineer, Testing, Technology, Research, Engineering, Automotive
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.