PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, and logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their living - Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This data analytics specialist will develop and implement statistical routines across multiple data sources. Create and maintain user interfaces to facilitate user-driven analysis and reports. This engineering position will support development activities in the MX dash lamp team and engine warranty group. The engineer will have the opportunity to provide innovative problem solving in a critical diagnostic environment. This role will interface with product engineering, plant engineering, management, suppliers, and customers. The role will require collaboration with other PACCAR companies: Kenworth, DAF, PACCAR Technical Center, Information Technology Division, Engine Support Center, and the PACCAR Engine Company. The position is based in Denton, Texas.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Analyzes large data sets generated by remote diagnostics and customer warranty.
* Researches and develops predictive analysis techniques using statistical-based modeling.
* Proactively recommends data-collection and analysis improvements.
* Creates reports and presents findings to management.
* Diagnose, develop root cause, and determine corrective actions on fault codes driving MIL lamp and check engine light operation.
* Review fault code troubleshooting trees and propose changes as required.
* Complete work related to engineering goals and field service support.
* Work with internal and external organizations on issue identification, root cause analysis, design, validation, product release, and field support.
* Utilize Six Sigma skills.
* Occasional travel is required.
Qualifications / Skills
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant field
* Experience with Tableau is highly desired
* Experience in high-level programming to analyze data, preferably in MATLAB, Python, .NET, and/or Minitab
* Visual Studio, Excel, Access, SQL, C# experience desirable
* Familiarity with class 8 vehicles and diesel engines is a plus.
* Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively.
* Self-directed, excellent analysis and technical judgment required
* Proficiency with PowerPoint and presentation skills is required.
* Proficiency with Excel, Word, and related computer software required.
* Ability to learn on the fly and adapt to change.
* Demonstrated team player with high level of initiative, follow through and flexibility.
* Must be detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking workload.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Candidate should be willing to make use of engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathmatics, Statistics or other relevant field.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Denton
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Database, Analytics, Data Analyst, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Management, Data, Engineering
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.