PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World's Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company's dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Kenworth Renton is seeking an energetic, details driven team member to collaboratively drive quality improvements throughout our heavy-duty truck plant in Renton, WA. The best candidate will help increase our data analytic capabilities using Excel, Access, BI systems, and SharePoint. Candidate should be familiar with other analytical tools like Tableau, SAP, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Job activities include leading and participating in continuous improvement projects and other quality assurance functions as assigned. Responsibilities also include processing of nonconforming parts (NCP's), sending disposition requests, issuing MDR's (Material Disposition Reviews), handling SR's (shipping releases), and updating QA databases (reflections). Candidate will help support supplier requests for additional information regarding rejected parts (i.e. clarification of specifications, photos, etc.); while working with departments to determine root cause, responsibility, and corrective action for nonconforming parts.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Leads and supports quality improvements, cost reductions, warranty reductions, Six Sigma, and other plant initiatives through data management and analysis.
* Develops, plans, prepares, trains, and coordinates implementation of Electronic Work Instructions (EWI) hardware, software, and related processes at the plant level using LEAN principles and methodologies.
* Serves as administrator of Kenworth Renton ISO compliance, conformance, and auditing quality management processes and procedures.
* Works with all departments in determining root cause, responsibility, and corrective action for nonconforming parts.
* Provides analysis updates and status report information to leadership; escalating issues and problems that may require management attention and assistance.
* Processes nonconforming parts including sending requests for disposition, issuing MDR's (Material Disposition Reviews), SR's (shipping releases), and updating QA databases (reflections).
* Answers supplier requests for additional information regarding rejected parts (i.e. clarification of specifications, photos, etc.).
* Recommends improvements as a facilitator of the EWI Management team to increase the effectiveness of the EWI system.
* Serves as liaison between production and ITD to support EWI issue resolution and system change requests.
* Enthusiastic attitude, with an ability to influence and build consensus around key practices.
* Strong problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills including the ability to resolve supplier disputes based on factual information.
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency using PCs and camera equipment.
* MS Office software including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Emphasis on spreadsheet database management capability.
* Proficient in utilizing Excel and Access analytical tools.
* Familiar with SharePoint and creating dashboards.
* Experienced in using Tableau or other BI tools.
* Demonstrated presentation and project management skills including but not limited to planning, implementation and control.
* Understanding of ISO conformance and compliance as it relates to PACCAR Quality Management Systems.
* Working knowledge of truck manufacturing processes and familiar with key business and manufacturing processes gained through three or more years of varied experience with PACCAR.
* Working knowledge of continuous improvement tools and methodologies, training and experience in use of Six Sigma tools a definite plus.
* Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to periodically covering for QA Unit Managers.
* Bachelor's degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, ERP, Engineer, Developer, Technology, Quality, Engineering
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.