Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense.
The Solution Engineer II designs and guides the implementation of large and medium scale enterprise middleware projects by delivering solution architectures, High Level designs, and reference documentation. This role maintains expert level knowledge in several components of the IBM stack including: WebSphere and Data power.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
In this critical role, the successful candidate will demonstrate a track record of accomplishments in the following areas:
* Integration Standards and Practices
* Participate and contribute to the definition of an enterprise integration strategy for TJX, including definition of standards, guidelines and best practices for application integrations.
* Provide oversight in standards adherence through reviews of integration designs.
* Function as steward of our migration toward TJX's approved architectural directions, ensuring that project teams understand and utilize concepts of reuse and services.
* Maintain awareness of industry trends and best-practices within the enterprise integration environments in order to introduce innovation and ensure cost-effectiveness of TJX's standards and strategies.
* Recommend changes to EAI, SOA, API strategies to improve the value of integration to TJX.
* Actively collaborate and align with the various architecture disciplines
* Integration Design, Architecture & Collaboration
* Author's high level integration designs from functional requirements that adhere to the existing integration standards and patterns.
* Authors sizing and detailed estimates for all integration project requests. Participates in the creation of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models for large and complex projects. Maintains estimate artifacts for the solution designs throughout the project lifecycle.
* Ensure the alignment of Integration solutions with the architecture guide lines
* Lead or actively participate in architecture workgroups representing the integration group
* Influence and guide external Service Providers and internal staff in implementation of the strategy, providing guidance and review of Service Provider's architecture plans and designs to ensure methodology, best practices and standards are followed and to ensure overall quality of the integration solution.
* Foster collaboration in discussing and vetting out viable enterprise solutions based on multiple technology solutions.
* Work with delivery teams that are building out or enhancing applications that will make use of our integration architecture, to provide mentorship, collaborate on the use of tools and methodology, and to share expertise.
* Should be able to guide development team members on integration solution implementation
* Responsible for technical solution approach and macro design for complex and large projects or defined components of Enterprise projects. Approves technical solution designs for small to medium projects.
* Recommends technical solution alternatives based on variances of scope, budget, and timeline.
* Responsible for Reviewing & Approving the estimates for small to medium projects
* Recommends IT driven initiatives to enable key technical characteristics of business applications / services in their area of expertise
Span of Control (i.e. Direct/Indirect reports)
* 0 Direct / 1 - 4 indirect
Scope of Responsibility (i.e. Financial impact)
* Responsible for solution design decisions for large projects (typically greater than $500K)
* Activities directly impact project timelines and budgets
* Experience converting solution needs from conceptual architecture to a logical and physical design.
* Person must have an understanding of architecture concepts, partnering with an Architecture Team.
* Person must have experience building logical and physical integration designs
* Person must understanding how to develop the integration designs.
* Must have expert knowledge on IBM Middleware Tech stack (such as IIB) OR Apigee OR Dell Boomi.
* 8+ years of IT experience
* 3+ years' experience in technology and systems design roles and implementation of systems supporting retail and/or corporate business operations
Minimum Formal Education
Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA || TJX Corporate
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Merchandising, Engineer, Information Systems, Fashion Retail, Garment, Retail, Engineering, Technology, Fashion
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.