The TJX Companies
Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
* Performs programming, COTS configuration, code analysis, debugging and review, and develops and executes unit/integration tests, all at a high level of complexity.
* Creates and reviews Detailed Technical Specifications and performs the review of Technical Design for tasks of high level of complexity.
* Provides technical approval of Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity. Provides technical approval of Detailed Technical Specifications.
* Consults on the estimates, design preparation and operational support escalations for large tasks of high complexity.
* Prepares Production Readiness documentation for implementations of medium to high level of complexity
* Acts in Development Lead capacity for medium to high initiatives, prioritizing and assigning project tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues. Reports status to Project management and interfaces with other domains, IT areas and 3rd party vendors as needed.
* Leads Solution Development process definitions, and development of Solution Development best practices and standards.
* Actively participates in new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction.
* Actively participates in defining and enforcing the source control and release management processes and standards.
* Ensures compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provides Monitoring recommendations for tasks of medium to high level of complexity.
* Actively participates in evaluation of 3rd party engagement need and in SOW creation and review process.+
* Works with the Systems Development Life Cycle and adheres to Sarbanes Oxley compliance and all TJX Company.
* Authorized to approve Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity
* Responsible for most technical decisions within assigned scope.
* Authorized to approve Detailed Technical Specs, System Documentation
* Review QA Strategy
Span of Control (i.e. Direct/Indirect reports)
* 0 Direct / 1-6 indirect
Scope of Responsibility (i.e. Financial impact)
* Responsible for assigned tasks of high level of complexity
* Strong willingness and ability to learn DataStage v11.x.
* Experience with designing, developing, testing and mapping various data integration scenarios, at a medium to high level of complexity.
* Proficient in developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from various sources using ETL tool.
* Proficient in understanding business process/requirements and translating into technical requirements.
* Thorough understanding of data models, data marts, data transformation or data integration.
* Experience in debugging ETL jobs to check for errors and warnings associated with each job run.
* Expertise in designing complex SQL queries in ANSI format with aggregations, partitions, order by, etc.
* Experience in Hierarchical and recursive queries in SQL.
* Experience in RDBMS design.
* Awareness of good design and coding practices and standards.
* Good understanding of shell scripting in any flavor of UNIX.
* Experience in preparation of High level and Detail level design documentation.
* Experience in production support with quick turn-around time for hot fixes.
* Experience in any of the following will make you a stronger candidate:
* Oracle PL/SQL and/or SQL Server development
* Data Warehousing life cycle
* Enterprise scheduling knowledge
* Agile methodology
* Domain experience in Retail
* Experience developing projects that have medium-high level of complexity, being responsible for structuring their own work.
* Experience creating detailed technical specifications of medium-high complexity and performing the review and approval of technical designs for tasks of low to medium complexity.
* Experience consulting on the estimates, design preparation and operational support escalations for large tasks of high complexity Strong understanding of IT regulations including SOX, PCI and privacy laws, security methodologies, controls and access.
* Experience solving medium-highly technical complex problems and be called on to consult for other projects.
* Provide status to management and interfaces with other domains, IT areas and 3rd party vendors as needed.
* Experience contributing to the definition of processes, development of best practices and standards, and actively participates in new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction.
* Ensure your work is compliant with performance, security, availability, recoverability and supportability standards and polices and provides monitoring recommendations for tasks of medium to high level of complexity.
* Good organizational, presentation, and business partnering skills
* Ability to multi-task and alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities
* 3-6+ years' experience in a similar role
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience desired
* 6-8 years in IT, specifically in the technical design, development and implementation or support of business systems.
Minimum Formal Education
* Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA || TJX Corporate
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Consulting, Database, Oracle, Retail, Fashion, Technology
About The TJX Companies
The TJX Companies operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.