Partners Data Systems
Job ID R85002 Date posted Jan. 24, 2019
Software Engineering Manager
Richardson, TX, USA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics - all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
* Provide direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and implementing engineered automation methodologies, Automation deliverables, and coordinating projects across the teams.
* Manage deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with the programs.
* Design, code and document new automated test cases within our defined framework to ensure quality of the Vxblock families.
* Determine and develop approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
* Translate existing manual test cases into automated tests
* Contribute to the development of organization's goals and objectives.
* Matrixed responsibilities with other Engineering organizations. Represents the organization on projects
* Analyze systems analytics and find areas of improvement
* Proactively identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce risk of all activities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have strong documentation skills and the ability to understand software functional specifications.
* Communicates project status and escalates issues to upper manager.
* Assesses each technology deliverable for possible risk and test needs and developing a strategy to apply for each deliverable.
* Drives and improves our release process.
* Works with team members to develop standards for strategy and approach of ongoing deliverables.
* Minimum of 5-8 year's experience in software automation development methodologies.
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience in object orient development OR deep understanding of object oriented development methodologies
* Prior experience developing automated test systems and scripts beyond record and playback. Specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops, etc.
* Strong working knowledge/prior testing experience in the following:
* Cisco Catalyst and/or Nexus Networking Products
* Cisco UCS Platforms
* Setting up and managing network storage solutions and data protection solutions from Dell EMC.
* Proven understanding of testing techniques such as white box, grey box and black box
* Excellent understanding of object oriented design principles
* Experience in source control systems and configuration management
* Proven ability to deliver high quality results in a very dynamic environment
* Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering desired or equivalent work experience.
* 5-10+ years of related work experience, including 3 years of people management or lead experience.
* Experience managing QA teams supporting multiple applications.
* Experience hiring, mentoring, goal-setting, correcting and reviewing staff.
* Expertise in manual and Automated Test strategy.
* Experience in Python development environments.
* Experience in Ansible development environments.
* Experience using SQL and other DB technologies with regards to developing queries.
* Experience in Agile development methodologies.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: Jan 14th, 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.