Partners Data Systems
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Alnylam was founded in 2002 on a revolutionary vision and bold mission which remain firmly in place today. We are leading the translation of RNA interference (RNAi) into a new class of innovative medicines with the potential to transform the lives of people with rare genetic, cardio-metabolic, hepatic infectious, and central nervous system diseases with unmet need. Our first medicine, the first-ever RNAi therapeutic, has recently been approved by the FDA in the US for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adults and by the European Medicines Agency in the EU for the treatment of hATTR amyloidosis in adults with stage 1 or stage 2 polyneuropathy. In addition, Alnylam has four investigational medicines in late-stage development. www.alnylam.com. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe's Top Places to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018-- four years in a row!
The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer works independently on multiple projects and takes a lead role in the design and delivery of new projects and systems. This person is responsible for independently designing, configuring, implementing and administering the hardware and/or software components of technologies related to the support of more complex compute/storage/network architectures and their related implementation. The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer will have demonstrated their ability to provide advanced support in systems administration and systems integration.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Provides business and technology integration advice and support relating to corporate and manufacturing business systems.
* Provides support for the implementation and maintenance of information systems hardware/software with minimal supervision.
* Documents user, maintenance, and information logs accurately and records appropriate changes for effective departmental readiness following protocols on a timely basis.
* Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks, computer hardware, applications systems and related technologies, as well as software interconnection and interfacing.
* Performs advanced and/or complex experimental troubleshooting skills.
* Assumes a lead role in the projects related to complex networks and systems implementations and upgrades.
* Responsible for the maintenance and daily administration of complex IT infrastructure technologies encompassing compute, storage, and network functions.
* Makes recommendations for strategic changes in the hardware and software configurations to improve technical, data integrity and security, and/or to deliver improved applications utility to the end users.
* Performs all other job-related duties as requested.
(This list is not exhaustive, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as required to fulfill the role)
* Demonstrates effective, self-sufficient, communication skills, both verbally and written
* Proven ability to accomplish tasks in a conscientious and timely manner.
* Displays a solid understanding of project management, documenting work and completion of projects on a time-sensitive basis.
* Maintains a personal mastery of skills in the information systems area as well as sub-departments.
* Extensive experience in the lifecycle management one or more of the following technologies: Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Servers, Cisco Networking, Compute and Storage technologies.
* Previous experience working in a GxP manufacturing environment for a pharmaceutical company.
* Any of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Citrix Certifications, Cisco Certification (Data Center Unified Computing) VMware DCV (Data Center Virtualization) Certifications (VCA / VCP / VCAP / VCDX), and other platform and system certifications by industry recognized organizations.
* Four year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.