Partners Data Systems
The Associate Geoscientist II is technically responsible to the Project Geoscientist to provide accurate and pertinent scientific data according to agreed upon methods, procedures and techniques; and to provide sound conclusions and recommendations based upon field investigations and literature reviews within established project schedules. Under the operational supervision of a Unit/Section Manager, the position of Assistant Geoscientist II is a preparatory step into the position of Associate Geoscientist.
* Collect data as prescribed by the scope of work and present it in a logical, coherent manner, including the preparation of written reports, tables, figures and illustrations.
* Complete assigned tasks on schedule and within the budget to the satisfaction of the project management team.
* Maintain auditable and orderly files, notebooks, and correspondence on all project aspects.
* Conduct all work in compliance with technical project specifications and standard operating procedures defined in the project work scope.
* Monitor project performance including the effort, timeliness and the quality of work of subcontractors and document and report all variations to the Project Geoscientist and Unit Manager or Section Manager.
* Report project?related delays or irregularities to the Project Geoscientist and Unit Manager or Section Manager.
* Under the direction of a more senior geoscientist, coordinate laboratory analysis appropriate to the proper identification and evaluation of samples.
* Conduct literature searches to compile pertinent information. Critically evaluate and correlate the compiled literature.
* Maintain a current knowledge of the recent investigative works in the field for application on existing and proposed projects.
* Cooperate with senior staff in planning and developing appropriate scopes, budgets and schedules for proposals and projects.
* Be aware of client needs and concerns.
* Provide input to the appropriate supervisor when potential project technical quality problems are identified.
* Continue technical education through review of technical periodicals, participation at internal training programs, and attendance at external seminars, workshops, conferences or training sessions.
* Participate in the development of standard operating procedures and internal training programs.
* Identify new technologies and techniques and evaluate their applicability and potential benefits for the company.
* Develop data management skills.
* Achieve a high level of current discipline expertise for application to present and future projects.
* Solve technical problems on project with assistance from senior staff.
* Cooperate with senior staff to improve the technical quality of project work.
* Select peer reviewers for informal project reviews.
* Cooperate with the implementation of all project QA/QC audits and reviews, and assist in implementing corrective action where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Bachelors degree plus one (1) year of related experience, or Masters Degree.
* Demonstrate ability to work and complete assignments with minimal direct supervision.
* Demonstrate ability to make timely and effective decisions.
* Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn and conduct assigned activities in a professional manner.
* Demonstrate technical competence and willingness to instruct staff in areas of specialization.
* Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and lead.
* Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively by speech and writing to individuals, large groups of peers and supervisors.
* Demonstrate dedication to fostering ethical conduct and professionalism.
* Demonstrate ability to work well as a team member.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.