At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, and data integrations with internal and external systems to deliver useful and elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mulesoft, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the role:
At Guardant Health, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
To support Guardant Health's leadership in disruption of cancer treatments, the Enterprise Software team is looking for an energetic software engineer to build applications and products that reach Guardant Health's stakeholders and customers.
As a member of the software team, you will:
* Design, build, and maintain efficient and scalable services for applications that deliver value to our customers
* Collaborate with product management to turn product requirements into production code
* Efficiently use internally developed REST APIs in our web applications
* Help maintain code and design quality
* Collaborate with our devops team to help develop and maintain release infrastructure
* Work with our product management and QA teams to deliver new features and bug fixes for users of our web and mobile applications
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
* Help maintain code quality, organization and CI automation
* Develop and maintain automated tests for regular releases
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable communicating technical and non-technical information across multiple functions and levels.
You can see the big picture, implement both front end UI and efficient server side algorithms and prove your code is great with automated test results. You do not need to be micromanaged to accomplish team and company goals.
You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance and business needs.
In addition, you bring:
* 2-5 years of experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Capybara
* Familiar with front end frameworks such as React
* Experienced with integrating APIs into front end applications
* 1+ years of experience with MySQL
* Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
* Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Experience with test driven development including implementation of automated tests (both UI and unit tests)
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub
* Familiarity with continuous integration
* Bonus: Experience with AWS/Kubernates
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time and identifies associated treatment options. The recent introduction of groundbreaking analytical tools, including our Tumor Response Map and a mobile-enabled physician portal, further advance Guardant Health's momentum.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is committed to positively and significantly impacting patient health through technology breakthroughs in oncology.