Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, and is developing programs for recurrence and early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role:
You will be part of the bioinformatics team working on and with the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples and analyze their genomic profiles, helping to find the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. Your role will be to work with Bioinformatics SW Test Engineers and members of the bioinformatics group to ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments and the correct installation on production systems.
This is an entry level role based in our Redwood City office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with bioinformatics test engineers and members of the bioinformatics group to develop test cases that ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments.
* Participate in requirements and design review meetings to create comprehensive, automated test strategies/plans for bioinformatics software
* Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services.
* Report, track, and escalate anomalies discovered during testing (All testing phases) and ensure closure on issues.
* Understanding of sequencing data, annotations, and standard bioinformatics tools e.g. samtools, picard, snpEff.
* 2+ years of hands on experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, C++, R, Matlab, shell and RDBMS (SQL or Oracle) and software dev/QA in Linux environment.
* Excellent organizational and people skills with the ability to work across functions
* Knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, and genomics
* Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA).
* Experience in verifying algorithms, workflow or data analysis software.
* Experience using test automation and test case management tools
Master's or PhD in Bioinformatics/ CS or equivalent with relevant work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is a company that specializes in non-invasive cancer diagnostics and comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy.