At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, and data integrations with internal and external systems to deliver useful and elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mulesoft, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the role:
The Software team is looking for an experienced and energetic staff software engineer to build and enhance systems, services and integrations that take patient samples from order to result.
As a member of the software team, you will:
* Work with very interesting technologies and datasets (human genomics)
* Have a holistic view of processes and systems involved in taking patient samples from order to result in a multi-product clinical laboratory.
* Specialize in building custom software and enhancing commercial off the shelf products that support order to result workflows
* Build and maintain APIs and services that will exchange data with various internal and external systems
* Analyze requirements, create complex software designs, vet them with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams and incorporate feedback prior to implementation
* Code for efficiency, reusability, scalability and all other -ilities by following existing frameworks and practices or creating new ones when needed
* Develop and maintain automated tests for regular releases
* Provide second-tier production support
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable with every aspect of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to production support.
You can collaborate within and across teams, understand the big picture, create software designs, implement and prove your code is great with automated test results. You are able to work both independently and collaboratively. You are eager to learn new technologies and languages. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles and business needs. You are a champion of agile/scrum who brings his/her experience to the team. You know the value of written word and can create right-size documentation. You seek feedback and integrate it in a professional manner. You lead and mentor junior engineers by example and by setting best practices. You drive culture standards and you strive to continuously improve software development processes.
In addition, you bring:
* 8+ years of enterprise software development
* 5+ years of experience developing production software in Java
* Hands-on experience with data modeling, developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON), data management and processing (relational and NoSQL data stores)
* Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
* Experience with integration platforms such as Mulesoft (preferred) Informatica, Dell Boomi or SnapLogic, or in-depth understanding of integration challenges and best practices
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an Agile development framework, understanding of test automation and continuous integration
* Bachelor degree in software engineering, CS, or EE
* Experience with Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) and healthcare environment is a big plus
KEYWORDS / #hashtags: #biotechnologyjobs #guardanthealth #xml #json #mulesoft #informatica #aws #java #bioinformatics #oncology #biocareers #pharmajobs #biotechjobs #mongodb #LIMS #labinfomanagementsystems
We would like to talk with you about our exciting projects we currently have ongoing. Please see www.guardanthealth.com/jobs for more information and to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is a company that specializes in non-invasive cancer diagnostics and comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy.