Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, and is developing programs for recurrence and early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
This role is in the bioinformatics team - you will be responsible for the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples and analyze their genomic profiles, finding the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. You will participate in a small team following agile methodology. Your role would be to implement new solutions and architectures to solve complex problems in a clinical NGS setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with users and product managers to gather and refine requirements.
* Maintain and extend the applications RESTful web service / APIs in Python.
* Design and implement solutions end-end from user interface through persistent storage.
* Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services. Preferably in a regulated environment such as IVD or CLIA.
* Evaluate, test, and use open-source software and applications.
Interface with other teams to obtain requirements and support deployed applications.
* Ability and desire to work on all aspects of software development in an agile environment including documentation, design, development, and testing of features and sub-systems.
* 6+ years experience developing software in production environment
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience using object-oriented programming and design patterns in production environments
* Working knowledge of Django and DRF
Working knowledge of managing and deploying Docker (or other virtualization technologies)
* Experience working with a relational database, preferably PostgreSQL
* Effective communicator with written and verbal fluency in English.
* Detail oriented with an initiative to drive tasks to completion.
* Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
* Ability to work well in a group and independently with minimal supervision
* Demonstrable ability to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this position.
The following experience is not required but is highly desired:
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is committed to positively and significantly impacting patient health through technology breakthroughs in oncology.