Bugcrowd delivers the ultimate in security assessment for the enterprise. The pioneer and innovator in crowdsourced security for the enterprise, Bugcrowd combines the power of the global security researcher community with its proprietary Crowdcontrol platform to surface critical software vulnerabilities, and level the cybersecurity playing field. Bugcrowd provides a range of public, private, and on-demand options that allow companies to commission a customized security testing program to fit their specific needs. It's one of the hottest parts of an already hot security industry. Don't let this opportunity pass you by!
We are looking for Junior to Intermediate software developers to join our expanding Engineering team.
As a Junior/Intermediate developer, you'll be expected to learn Ruby on Rails and React, with mentoring from our existing team of Senior Engineers. You'll be working as part of our Sydney team, working with our Product Managers to define and deliver features for our users.
Who we are
Bugcrowd delivers the ultimate in the security assessment. The pioneer and innovator in crowdsourced security for the enterprise, Bugcrowd combines the power of the global security researcher community with our proprietary Crowdcontrol platform to surface critical software vulnerabilities, and level the cybersecurity playing field. Bugcrowd provides a range of public, private, and on-demand options that allow companies to commission a customized security testing program to fit their specific needs. It's one of the hottest parts of an already hot security industry.
What you should bring to the table
* Willingness to learn Ruby on Rails and React (this is critical).
* A fresh set of eyes on our practices and procedures --- we want to learn from you, and your experience at Bugcrowd, as much as we want you to learn from us.
* At least some experience in web development, even if it's in another language.
* Ability to work as part of an agile team to deliver value each sprint.
If you have any experience in security or data science, please let us know; this will definitely earn you extra consideration.
What we bring to the table
* Mentoring! We're going to teach you our ways, the languages we use, what we've learned about software development on the web and security practices
* Satisfying problems for you to solve --- we deploy our app continuously, so your work will get in front of users regularly and quickly
* Good pay
* Good benefits
* Opportunities to attend conferences (like DEF CON) and represent Bugcrowd
* Opportunities to visit our San Fransisco HQ
* Opportunities for career advancement!
We value diversity in our teams. Many of us are musicians, hackers, adventure sport junkies, nature lovers, parents, academics. We work hard, but value our time with our friends and family, and experiencing the world beyond the office door. Remote work and work-from-home days are strongly encouraged and we support flexible working arrangements - as long as the work gets done!
Our culture values are:
0. Simple is strong
1. Respect is key
2. Build it like you own it
3. Don’t be valuable, create value
4. Think like a hacker
5. An open company, no bullcrap
* Work collaboratively; the unit of delivery is the team.
* Work in an agile development environment. Things change. We are good with that. You should be too.
* Value excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Place our customers and the white-hat hacker crowd comes first! We are here to delight them and bring them value.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
With a powerful platform and team of experts, Bugcrowd connects organizations to a global crowd of trusted security researchers.