Minted is looking for a Senior UI Engineer committed to helping us create a beautiful component library for interfacing design with engineering. We are seeking well-rounded people who have a passion for user experience and a background building rich, scalable, modular JS component frameworks.
* Own the React component library used across Minted's front-end applications and refactor code to use modular components
* Develop a modular, flexible library of components for use across all of Minted's websites
* Teach and evangelize best practices in HTML & CSS to improve reliability, performance, and accessibility
* Work with the front end team to reduce bundle size and improve build times
* Provide insight into current best practices for UI engineering and help to drive decisions around framework and tool choices
* Help onboard and mentor junior engineers to advance their front-end knowledge and skill set
* Work with the design team to develop and maintain our design system
* Passionate about design and creating great experiences
* Interested in open source and early adoption of future standards
* 5+ years of experience working on high-impact, design-focused and consumer-driven sites
* Experience with React or other modern web frameworks
* A design background or have worked closely with designers in the past
* Experience creating modular component frameworks
* A holistic understanding of application design and performance
* Experience leading complex Front-End projects and accurately estimating scope and risks
* Worked on e-commerce sites with all the browser-compatibility challenges that come from supporting IE 11
* Experience with typescript, graphQL, node.js
* Professional experience in interaction design
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a company building a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.