Minted is looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager for our Front-End team. You will manage an agile team rapidly designing, developing, collaborating, and deploying frontend projects. The Front-End team serves as the thought leader for front-end technologies and solutions at Minted. Recent Front-End team projects include developing of a new React and emotion based component library, constantly improving side-wide features including things like the header and footer, and creating rich micro-applications like the recently launched Minted Monogram Maker.
At Minted engineering we marry design with technology to deliver unique products that are beautiful and co-created by our artist community and our customers. Our engineers take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles, and we have a strong culture of mentorship and promoting from within, as well as project roadmaps that enable us to cross-train and learn from one another. We are a metrics-driven organization and we work hard to make sure every project we do is measurably impactful. We strive to maintain the balance between building out new features and scaling our platform while staying agile in a fast-moving environment.
* Own the execution and delivery of Front-End team engineering projects
* Co-own project roadmap and project planning with product managers and UX
* Evolve and refine our sprint and project process
* Ensure both engineering and product management is happy
* Create an engineering culture of ownership, accountability, testing, and measurement
* Mentor team members to help them grow both technically and in their careers
* Recruit and retain a high-caliber engineering team
* Obsessive about creating beautiful responsive web experiences
* Up to speed with the latest web technologies and industry best practices
* Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
* Collaborative and candid with non-engineering stakeholders including PM and UX
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years professional experience as a software developer
* 1+ years experience as a hands-on engineering manager
* An understanding of how to create high performance and highly accessibility UXs
* Experience with a modern UI/application framework (React, Ember, Angular)
* Experience creating high-traffic web experiences
* Experience developing e-commerce applications
* Experience with A/B testing, monitoring, and alerting
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a company building a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.