Minted is looking for several Staff Full Stack Software Engineers to be a part of our Growth, E-Commerce and Community Experience teams. As a member of these teams, you could be working on exciting projects from revamping our e-commerce architecture to building products that will help independent designers start, scale and grow their business on Minted.com. You will assume ownership of at least 1 primary system component on the Minted platform, and have a strong and measurable impact on every project you deliver. As part of our organization, you will tackle various engineering challenges using cutting edge technology and will have the opportunity to work with engineers across multiple disciplines and backgrounds.
At Minted engineering we marry design with technology to deliver unique products that are beautiful and co-created by our artist community and our customers. Our engineers take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles, and we have a strong culture of mentorship and promoting from within, as well as project roadmaps that enable us to cross-train and learn from one another. We are a metrics-driven organization and we work hard to make sure every project we do is measurably impactful. We strive to maintain the balance between building out new features and scaling our platform while staying agile in a fast-moving environment.
* Design and develop a beautiful, responsive and fun-filled world-class web experience.
* Own high impact and high visibility engineering projects end to end.
* Build systems and services that have an immediate impact on our artist community and customers.
* Build and maintain backend architecture for our high-traffic e-commerce platform that is scalable, extensible, and efficient in usage of system resources (memory, disk, I/O, etc).
* Collaborate with Product Development, User Experience, Production, and Artist Relations teams to deliver projects with measurable business results.
* Ensure a high-quality codebase with design and code review as well as automated test coverage.
* Advance your technical knowledge and skill set with talks, training sessions, and 1:1 mentorship of junior engineers.
* Someone who can lead design and implementation of feature level component that requires more than 1 engineer to complete.
* Obsessed with writing clean reusable code.
* Someone with the ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-moving dynamic environment.
* 3+ years professional experience as a software developer
* BS in Computer Science preferred
* Technical design skills with an emphasis on distributed and/or cloud-based design and scaling.
* Experience working on and an understanding of both client-side and server-side code.
* Experience designing complex software systems and accurately estimating scope and risks.
* Experience with SQL, database modeling, and ORMs.
* Experience dealing with resource contention and scalability issues in multi-threaded web applications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with Apache Flink, Apache Beam, Google Cloud Dataflow, Apache Spark Streaming, or other related technologies such as Hadoop
* Experience working in a fast-paced, agile e-commerce environment
* Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically DynamoDB, SQS, S3, SNS, EC2, CloudFormation, ELB, VLC, and ASG
* Experience with Packer, Docker, Ansible, Puppet
* Experience in React.js, HTML, CSS
About Hiring Teams
E-commerce: As a member of this team, you will be building beautiful, cutting-edge, and performant web applications to showcase the stunning products from our artist community and provide users with a world-class shopping and customization experience. We're in the middle of a massive effort to revamp our core e-commerce architecture, and as part of the team, you'll be tackling complex problems on the entire tech stack.
Recent projects include: Category pages - we rebuilt our product catalog from the ground up using ElasticSearch and Celery, supporting hundreds of thousands of SKUs with millions of variations as well as filter and curation functionalities. GraphQL product pipeline - our products come with a huge variety of formats, shapes, and customization options, and we built a graphQL powered middleware to allow us to cross-link all relevant products without slowing down the site. Pricing engine - we created a custom framework to provide our business teams the tools to conduct complex pricing experiments across the site while keeping the experience consistent for individual customers.
Growth: The Growth Engineering Team is a geo-diverse team that builds disruptive products to explore new business models, new product verticals and ideas that look to transform industries. Our experiments go on to drive key business metrics for the company.
Examples of our work include: Photo Op by Minted - photography service in the gig economy, providing high quality and easy portrait photography experience for consumers, and flexible source of income for both photo enthusiasts and professionals alike. Minted More - subscription membership program that rewards customer loyalty with discount, gift boxes and other benefits. Online Invitations - responsive and rich cinematic experience to invite guests to your next party.
Community Experience: As a member of this team, you will be building products that will help independent designers start, scale and grow their business on Minted.com. You will be building a world-class crowdsourcing platform that enables creatives from around the world to grow professionally, educate the community and enables them to learn from each other while participating in crowdsourced design challenges hosted by Minted.
Recent projects include: Minted Now - we are leading the evolution of the crowdsourcing paradigm by challenging the feedback look and dramatically compressing the time to market. With Minted Now, consumers literally vote with their wallet, purchasing a product while the design contest is still in progress. This affords us unprecedented insight into market trends and purchase patterns, allowing us to continuously improve our selection and our artist community to create even better designs. Event streaming architecture - in order to facilitate real-time communication and design iteration, we built a data pipeline using Kafka and Beam that allow our community pages to stay in sync and up to date with the latest submissions, comments, and design updates.
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a company building a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.