As the Staff Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps) at Minted, you will have the opportunity to drive the transformation of our infrastructure and take continuous delivery to the next level. Our team maintains and scales the cloud infrastructure for our rapidly growing e-commerce marketplace. You will be working closely with the architects and principal engineers at Minted to develop and deploy secure, highly available and scalable web services. This is a phenomenal role for someone who believes in building automation, driving simplification and crafting an impressive, five nines culture.
At Minted engineering we marry design with technology to deliver unique products that are beautiful and co-created by our artist community and our customers. Our engineers take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles, and we have a strong culture of mentorship and promoting from within, as well as project roadmaps that enable us to cross-train and learn from one another. We are a metrics-driven organization and we work hard to make sure every project we do is measurably impactful. We strive to maintain the balance between building out new features and scaling our platform while staying agile in a fast-moving environment.
* Automate all the things - Vagrant/Docker for developers, continuous integration, auto-scaling, monitoring and alerting, and probably a whole lot more
* Make developers happy - by automating everything and providing transparency deeper down the stack in all environments, developers will shower you with love (the part of love shall be played by animated gifs and imaginary chat room points)
* Improve & refine support systems to help our developers build more robust applications
* Develop, test, and implement our configuration management system to fully automate our infrastructure
* Contribute to the design and improvement of our software delivery processes and toolchains
* Continuously improve system tooling and metrics
* Passionate about documentation
* Someone who has a strong desire to leave things better than how you found them
* Eager to make everything repeatable and automated
* 7+ years of experience in a Linux or similar operations environment
* Strong programming and scripting experience in multiple languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, Shell, Perl, etc.
* Willingness to cross over into the app stack - we don't believe in silos
* Experience with configuration management - the particular system is not important, but we use Puppet
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Linux systems tuning
* AWS experience
* MySQL system and query tuning
* Vagrant/Hashicorp tools
* Continuous integration and delivery using Jenkins
* Modern logging & metrics systems, e.g. Logstash, Graphite
* Scaling Elasticsearch
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a company building a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.