At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, and data integrations with internal and external systems to deliver useful and elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mulesoft, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
The Software team is looking for an experienced and energetic senior software engineer to build integrations and APIs that serve a diverse set of internal and external applications.
As a member of the software team, you will:
* Work with very interesting technologies and datasets (human genomics)
* Have a holistic view of processes and systems involved in taking patient samples from order to result in a multi-product clinical laboratory.
* Specialize in creating integrations between various internal and external systems
* Build and maintain APIs and services that will exchange data with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, client systems, researchers and collaborators
* Create and vet design proposals that incorporate best practices for integrations and provide trade-off analysis of solution options
* Code for efficiency, reusability, scalability and all other -ilities by following existing frameworks and practices or creating new ones when needed
* Develop and maintain automated tests for regular releases
* Provide second-tier production support
The ideal candidate enjoys an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable with every aspect of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to production support.
You can collaborate within and across teams, understand the big picture, create software designs, implement and prove your code is great with automated test results. You are able to work both independently and collaboratively. You are eager to learn new technologies and languages. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles and business needs. You are a champion of agile/scrum. You know the value of written word and can create right-size documentation. You seek feedback and integrate it in a professional manner.
In addition, you bring:
* 5+ years of enterprise software development
* 3+ years of experience developing production software in Java
* 2+ years of experience with integration platforms such as Mulesoft (preferred), Informatica, Dell Boomi or SnapLogic or equivalent building complex integrations in enterprise setting
* Hands-on experience with data modeling, developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON), data management and processing (relational and NoSQL data stores)
* Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework, understanding of test automation and continuous integration
* Bachelor degree in software engineering, CS, or EE
* Experience with Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) and healthcare environment is a big plus
Keywords / #hastags
#guardanthealth #biotechjobs #biojobs #biotechcareers #biocareers #bioiinformatics #mulesoft #XML #json #aws #swe #softwaredeveloper #softwareengineer #pharmajobs #pharmacareers #biodeveloper #bioengineer #biotechdeveloper #biotechengineer #fullstackengineer #nosql #lims #labvantage #labvantagejobs #limsjobs #limscareers #labvantagecareers #healthcaredeveloper #healthcareengineer #softwaredeveloper #softwareengineer #mongodb #labinformationmanagementsystems #emr #ehr #emrjobs #ehrjobs #healthcarejobs
We would like to talk with you about our exciting projects we currently have ongoing. Please see www.guardanthealth.com/jobs for more information and to apply.
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is committed to positively and significantly impacting patient health through technology breakthroughs in oncology.