At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion is a software product challenge.
The Product team engages with program stakeholders and leadership to identify opportunities for enterprise-level business process optimization with focus on broad positive impact to the organization. Efforts include assessing critical business needs, identifying, evaluating, designing and implementing new or streamlined business processes to support the company. The programs can range from operational improvements, new product launches, 3rd party integrations and broad enterprise system changes. Additionally, the role will leverage process improvement expertise and collaborate with the Enterprise Software and internal teams for the design, development, and application of standardization project management best practices within the organization. These business processes are critical to achieving new or expanded business opportunities, optimizing business operations, utilization of corporate resources, and effective project management.
We are looking for a full stack software engineer to help build and maintain external facing web applications for Guardant Health's customers. Your primary responsibility will be to implement front end UIs using React JS and server side APIs using Ruby on Rails.
About the role:
At Guardant Health, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
To support Guardant Health's leadership in disruption of cancer treatments, the Enterprise Software team is looking for an energetic software engineer to build applications and products that reach Guardant Health's stakeholders and customers.
As a member of the software team, you will:
* Design, build, and maintain efficient and scalable applications and services that deliver value to our customers
* Collaborate with product management to turn product requirements into production code
* Efficiently use internally developed micro services in our web applications
* Help maintain code and design quality
* Collaborate with our devops team to develop and maintain release infrastructure
* Mentor and guide junior software engineers
* Collaborate with our product management, engineering, and QA teams to consistently deliver shippable web and mobile applications to our customers as part of our Agile development squad
* Active participation in the technical design and implementation of production ready code
* Make sure all the deliverables are in compliance with the architectural vision and business requirements.
* Set and follow core engineering processes around unit testing, code coverage to ensure software code quality
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby on Rails code
* Build and maintain front end user-facing elements using React JS
* Help maintain code quality, organization and CI automation
* Develop and maintain automated tests for regular releases
* Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable communicating technical and non-technical information across multiple functions and levels.
You can see the big picture, implement both front end UI and efficient server side algorithms and prove your code is great with automated test results. You do not need to be micromanaged to accomplish team and company goals.
You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance and business needs.
In addition, you bring:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science plus at least 5 years of commercial software development experience
* 5+ years of experience designing and developing responsive web applications using React JS or other modern JS frameworks
* 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks
* Experienced with integrating APIs into front end applications
* 3+ years of experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
* Solid understanding of the software development process and life cycle
* Aptitude for learning new technologies and applying them in development.
* Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Experience with test driven development including implementation of automated tests (both feature and unit tests)
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub
* Familiarity with continuous integration
* Bonus: Experience with AWS/Kubernetes
Keywords / #hastags: #guardanthealth #biotechjobs #pharmajobs #productmanager #guardant360 #biotechcareers #softwaredevelopment #sdlc #managerofproduct #software #kubernetes #mysql #rubyonrails #ror #jsframeworks #microservices #aws #api #js #reactjs #qualityassurance #qa #github
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time and identifies associated treatment options. The recent introduction of groundbreaking analytical tools, including our Tumor Response Map and a mobile-enabled physician portal, further advance Guardant Health's momentum.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is committed to positively and significantly impacting patient health through technology breakthroughs in oncology.