Your work will push the boundaries of what's possible with the modern web, using technologies like Node.js, React, webpack and Next.js. You will bring experience and vision to the table and be able to mentor junior engineers in front-end development. Your specific expertise will be required to make the site delightful and dynamic and you will help drive the technical direction for client-side architecture across applications. If you are willing to push the boundaries of client-side web development with the goal of creating a unique experience for users, we'd love to hear from you.
We are a growing, hands-on, flat organization. Because we are still small, it means everyone is a generalist and allows for our engineers to take on multiple roles and challenges not narrowly defined by titles. Regardless of who you are on the engineering team, you will contribute to and have a big impact on the final product from day one. The opportunity for growth and development here is incredible. We have a strong culture of mentoring and promoting from within! We place a lot of emphasis on good engineering practices while retaining the flexibility of allowing each engineering team to have independent agile processes. Diversity is important to us, and we treat each other with respect and empathy.
* Own front-end heavy engineering projects to increase traffic, drive conversion, and/or experiment with new business models and verticals
* Participate in front-end architecture design that will help increase developer velocity and drive growth through Minted's e-commerce platform
* Collaborate with a world-class product development, user experience, production, and marketing teams to create a beautiful and responsive website
* Provide insight into current best practices for front-end web development and help to drive decisions around framework and tool choices
* Work with and learn from system architect and other engineering teams on complex cross-component projects from start to finish
* Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
* Monitor, identify and squash browser performance bottlenecks
* Work with cutting edge front-end technologies like Node.js, Next.js, WebGL, Redux, React, SVG, ES7+, Gulp, and Webpack
* Help onboard and mentor junior engineers to advance their frontend knowledge and skillset
* Obsessive about client-side performance
* A go-to person for diagnosing tricky cross-browser compatibility issues
* Excited about building excellent, web-based user experiences
* Interested in open source and early adoption of future standards (ES7+, etc.)
* 3+ years developing and maintaining Front-end code on high-traffic websites
* A BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* A fierce dedication to writing testable UI code - you feel unsatisfied without high test coverage for the code you write
* Experience building maintainable and scalable UI frameworks and tools that increase developer efficiency
* Experience designing complex front-end components and accurately estimating scope and risks
* A holistic understanding of the application stack instead of being 100% front-end, and has the ability to create scalable REST APIs that drive our web apps
* Experience with React, Redux and other modern web technologies
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a company building a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.