If you enjoy solving real world problems through good engineering, then this position might be for you. This is an opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and architectures, front end and back end, online and batch, customer-facing and internal. It is also an opportunity to work with experienced veterans of software engineering, to sharpen your skills by learning from the best, and to propel your career to the next level.
This position is with the Fulfillment team - which is responsible for turning online orders into physical products, delivered to the customers' doorsteps. Since our products are very complex and are highly customizable, and due to extremely high peak order volumes, all Fulfillment systems at Minted must operate reliably and predictably, must scale linearly, and must adapt well to support new products and business initiatives. We have an opening for a Staff Engineer in the Fulfillment team - is that you?
* Analyze and provide insight into complex business requirements, using technical and engineering expertise to design and create solutions that bring new products to the market, maximize revenue, and redefine consumer experience
* Lead component design, software and production evaluation and build recommendations; research, design and provide recommendations to make products highly competitive in the market and to resolve problems or enhance functionality
* Determine how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, interfaces and processes integrate to meet new and emerging enterprise requirements
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
* Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
* Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
* Design and develop a beautiful, responsive and fun-filled world-class web experience
* Own high impact and high visibility engineering projects end to end
* Build systems and services that have an immediate impact on our artist community and customers
* An experienced professional who equally enjoys creating new architectures and writing code
* An independent thinker who uses formal logic to validate every idea
* A master of the trade who takes pride in everything you do
* Someone who is interested in investing time and effort not only into the final product, but also into continuous improvement of the development process
* Someone who wants to invest into their own professional growth, and who looks for a larger spectrum of responsibilities in the future
* A Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
* 10+ years of relevant, broad software engineering experience
* Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
* Hands-on experience with server-side development using Python, Java, Node.js, mySQL; TypeScript, PHP, Kafka and Flink are a big plus
* Hands-on experience with cloud software development; specific knowledge of AWS cloud technologies such as S3, DynamoDb, SQS, Lambda and CloudWatch are a plus
* Experience managing complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
* Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
* Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, and database related projects
* Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues
* Expert understanding of object oriented design and data structures
* Experience with algorithms, REST APIs, and developing platform services
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral, good sense of humor
* Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a company building a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.