As the Senior Project Manager you are responsible for managing and servicing integrated advertising campaigns, sponsorships and commercial solutions across multiple platforms including print, digital, social and events. You will lead and troubleshoot complex projects, decisions and work issues. In addition, you will support the Projects Director and Head of Projects and liaise directly with sales, editorial, digital and print production teams, external suppliers, clients and agencies.
- Work with the relevant editorial and commercial production teams to ensure that all work with respect to delivering commercial solutions adhere to both time and budgetary guidelines.
- Support and mentor team Project Managers, providing project guidance and assurance, and ensuring team processes are understood and applied consistently. Drive best practice cross-platform project and account management mentality by example.
- Assist Projects Director and Head of Projects when requested with pitchwork planning and forecasting, scoping production and campaign delivery, making delivery recommendations and suggesting campaign improvements, and producing ballpark cost requirements.
- Work in consultation within the ad operations, sales and digital departments to deliver new advertising formats that can work within existing ad technology frameworks, confirming and providing creative specifications to clients, agencies and the sales team where required. Look for ways to ensure the PM team are functioning as efficiently as possible – looking wherever relevant to improve processes and systems. Senior Project Managers will also need to assist the Head of Projects to support process implementation within the team
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered within contracted time frames and agreed budgets.
- Ensure best practice delivery methods are applied consistently across all platforms and the focus is always on campaign delivery as a whole.
- Manage process improvements to unify and integrate delivery across all platforms are discussed and agreed with the Head of Projects.
- Ensure one team culture is created and maintained within a multi-disciplined cross-platform project management function
- Background in delivering comprehensive projects across multiple platforms at a publisher, creative solutions provider or media agency.
- Substantial experience in managing multiple timelines, budgets and stakeholders, with the ability to coordinate teams in various disciplines across the business in a pressurised and time-sensitive environment in order to deliver effective results
- Have a clear understanding of overall production processes across all platforms, and promote ‘360 campaign management’ mentality across the team.
- Proven background in leading and troubleshooting complex projects, decisions and work issues with limited involvement from senior members of the team.
- Ability to demonstrate strong budgeting skills through day to day management of campaign costs and P&Ls within guidelines agreed with Projects Director, providing Sales with production and usage costings for both live and pitch work, and negotiating competitive rates with 3rd party suppliers where possible to maximize project profitability.
- Ability to demonstrate clear creative understanding with a strong knowledge of house style and personality for each brand, by understanding the creative requirements of any brief, and organizing, commissioning and attending shoots with the creative direction and approval of the editorial and shoots teams. Ensure production meets the brief and editorial requirements
- Have strong internal and external communication skills by giving a high quality client-facing service, building a strong ongoing relationship with clients, editorial and sales departments, and ensuring briefs are always fully and clearly communicated to production and editorial teams.
- Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexibility to apply skills across different platforms, disciplines and brands, including new and emerging solutions.
- Ability to prioritise workload according to different criteria.
- Meet the demands of a commercial environment and work under pressure.
- Comfortable using their own initiative and driven by leading best practice and collaborative delivery.
- Diplomatic and calm communicator, with authority and initiative to liaise with senior level editors and publishers.
About Time Inc.
Breaking news and analysis from TIME.com. Politics, world news, photos, video, tech reviews, health, science and entertainment news.