Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Title: Senior Payment and Financial Business Analyst
* Recognized as a MMIS Payment and Financial subject matter expert.
* Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
* Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
* Primarily domestic scope/accountability; may include some international scope/accountability.
Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, procedures, organization and equipment. Applies and monitors the use of required modeling and analysis tools, methods and standards. Conducts testing of product deliverables and creates or reviews test plans to effectively test product deliverables. Conducts investigations of requirement specifications and introduces necessary proposals to enhance or correct product. Defines, plans and justifies (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes. Conduct and lead joint application design sessions with client, development staff and team to elicit new requirements for impending state and Federal enhancements
* Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine MMIS Payment and Financial requirements, and specify effective business processes. Organizes their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, organization and equipment. Applies and monitors the use of required modeling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way.
* Co-operates with senior client and IS staff as required, conducting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Maintains technical awareness at a level where alternatives can be analyzed, modeled and classified according to technical feasibility and performance.
* Utilizes business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
* Takes responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modeling of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required. Maintains links with appropriate counterparts within both software engineering and service delivery functions and plays a full part in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by organization policies and methods.
* Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
* Plans, arranges and controls meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work. Takes responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations.
* Defines, plans and justifies (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
* Assists clients/users in defining acceptance tests for automated systems, and takes responsibility for their proper execution.
* Knowledge of Claims Payment Processing and Financial payouts, receivables, receipts and reconciliation with respect to Medicaid and Medicare, Fiscal Pend processing, 1099 processing, HIPAA 835 generation and remittance advice creation.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst on a Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
* MMIS experience on at least one development project and possible maintenance experience (post project implementation).
* Ability to balance large amounts of data,
* Oracle SQL skills or comparable.
* Must be currently eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
* Flexible and adaptable mindset and approach to problems, with experience working in an iterative/agile environment
* Experience working in a timeline-driven environment, including the ability to deliver high quality work under tight time schedules
* Experience successfully working as part of a project team under direction of Lead BA through requirements development phase.
* Ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Account Managers, Project Managers and technical teams
* Ability to meet deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing priorities
* Driven and self-motivated, learning new technology and domains quickly
* Strong oral and written communication skills with exceptional skill in writing formal documents in English
* Experience writing BRDs, user stories, user scenarios, use cases, detailed functional specifications, etc. in natural language according to organizational standards
* Proficient with creating diagrams, including use case, process flow, activity and ER diagrams.
* Experience performing data analysis with developers and architects
* Excellent meeting facilitation skills.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.