Full Stack Front End Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: San Francisco
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a dedication to clean code and strong engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver extraordinary quality in a dynamic, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
The Growth team is responsible for all location based landing experiences and profile pages for opentable.com, which are used by more than 100 million people a year. We uncover opportunities across the organization and regularly collaborate with other teams. Product, engineering and design work closely together using data to create well-architected features that are meaningful to the business.
We want you to be part of a team that is setting and changing the development and deployment process for the company. Design sustainable systems to implement our wins at scale. You will contribute to the larger community through open source projects, and participate in our internal and external tech talks. Make meaningful and measurable improvements for ourselves, our team and our company.
We help to set the standards for front end development, design reusable modules in NodeJS, and are working on a shareable build pipeline. We champion code coverage, continuous deployment, and quality design. We set the bar for rapid execution of our hunches.
* You are a full stack developer that loves making stunning front end experiences.
* Someone who can both drive the development of our frontend and assist in building / integrating our backend.
* You enjoy collaborating with your team-mates and helping them grow.
* You're a CSS enthusiast - can wield build layouts, cross browser compatibility, accessibility, and responsive designs with aplomb.
* You have solid NodeJS experience developing API's that are well-designed and perform.
* A/B testing and rapid iteration are in your DNA.
Nice to have
* Past experience in building globalized and localized websites and apps
* Working knowledge of build and deploy tools such as docker
* Engineering for SEO/SEM
* Experience building a product that requires performance and scale
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 26 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 51,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.7 billion diners in over 20 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and may more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be apart of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of Metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable is an online restaurant reservation service company.