Job Type: Full-time
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in developing phenomenal software. We believe that quality comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles honed through rapid, continuous development and innovation. Our GuestCenter platform is the heart of OpenTable and it connects restaurants to 26+ million diners around the globe. If you are excited by meaningful engineering processes and can deliver exceptional code in a fast-paced environment, we'd love to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants, too!
Our team is responsible for building the GuestCenter offerings aimed at restaurant owners and managers to help them manage their restaurants from anywhere on their iOS or Android phones.
As a member of the GuestCenter mobile team, you will be responsible for actively building, testing and evolving our Android phone application. As a part of the team, you'll collaborate with a passionate and diverse group of engineers, designers, and product managers who are committed to building beautiful, scalable, and high-value features for restaurants. We are looking for an engineer that is passionate about developing cutting edge mobile applications with experience in the Android platform but also interested in contributing to the iOS platform application.
Learn more about GuestCenter for Owners offering: https://restaurant.opentable.com/products/features/owner-app
* Analyze, plan, and design feature projects into small and value-based delivery iterations
* Work with designers to build a killer UI meant to deliver delight
* Collaborate with multiple backend teams to design API solutions that meet a feature's need
* Promote and drive quality as a first principle by helping us evolve our unit and regression testing practice, facilitate architecture and code reviews, and enhance our continuous integration/continuous delivery capability
* Provide support and analysis of production incidents
* Continuously provide mentorship and guidance to team members
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of professional software development experience
* 3+ years of Android development experience
* Experienced evaluation and working with different toolkits, frameworks and architectures
* Familiar with (and deep experience in two or more of): MVP, Networking, Multi-threading, SOLID, Reactive, Dependency injection
* A passion for the Android platform, design principal and best practices
* Experience with popular architectures like MVP and MVVM
* Experience with popular libraries like RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp and Dagger
* Experience building with Kotlin or Java
* Experience building with Android Jetpack
* Experience writing tests for Android with JUnit and Espresso
* Experience working on a complex application focused on continuous delivery
* Experience working with web backends and databases
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 26 million diners per month across approximately 47,000+ restaurants. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated close to 2 billion diners around the world, representing approximately $63 billion spent at partner restaurants. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with service available throughout the globe. OpenTable is currently expanding its offerings to include more cities, countries and sectors of the industry, such as casual dining.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
OpenTable is an online restaurant-reservation service company.