IT Operations Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Department: Technology Operations
As an IT Operations Engineer you will be responsible for administering and automating our corporate systems and infrastructure. You should have strong scripting/coding aptitude and prior IT systems administration experience. If you're solution oriented, comfortable learning and adapting to new technology, and passionate about continuous improvement - we're looking for someone like you.
OpenTable IT manages critical systems and infrastructure that keeps our global business running. Our team engineers technical solutions to meet the global needs of our growing company. We work hard, but we also like to have fun and learn new cool things along the way. Sometimes, you'll see us at the ping-pong table or chatting about the latest gadgets that are coming out.
* Manage a blend of Windows and Linux-based corporate systems and applications and assist with system administration projects and tasks where required
* Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for deployment, management, tooling and visibility of both our internal and external customers
* Help implement and maintain IT technologies that improve the security, scalability and reliability of our corporate infrastructure
* Lead corporate virtualization infrastructure
* Develop single-sign-on strategies and solutions for corporate applications
* Perform on-site and cloud infrastructure service implementations, performance analysis, optimization, logging/monitoring, and problem resolution
* Contribute in multi-functional major projects and liaise with other teams in the business to manage shared systems, processes, and projects
* You'll be involved in a weekly on-call rotation
* Minimum 5 years in a IT Systems Administrator or DevOps role
* Minimum 2-3 years coding experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, Bash, Python
* Active Directory implementation and maintenance
* Extensive hands-on Windows Server experience. Linux administration is a great plus.
* Working knowledge of Puppet based configuration management. Familiarity with Chef, Salt, or Ansible
* Previous network experience or network certification a plus
* Strong knowledge of monitoring and logging systems such as Nagios, Sensu, Kibana, and Logstash
* Working knowledge of virtualization technologies - VMware ESX, Hyper-V, storage devices
* Good verbal communication and written documentation skills
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 26 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 47,000+ restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.7 billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Australia and the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable is an online restaurant reservation service company.