Agile Delivery Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Los Angeles, CA
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
The Agile Delivery Managers invigorate and strengthen our teams. They are the glue that holds everything together. Our ADMs don't just have a great eye for detail, they are real team players, people you can count on when things get tough and most importantly they always deliver.
No matter the nature of the project (consumer or restaurant engineering, International new markets or Pay) they are flexible, resourceful and creative when it comes to finding solutions. They are constantly identifying, improving and reinforcing processes that increase productivity and are true facilitators. They architect the work, get ahead of the teams and pull them ahead. And most importantly our Delivery Managers are fun people, always looking at the positive side and bringing out the best in their teams!
We are currently looking for an Agile Delivery Manager to manage projects involving (but not limited to) technical operations team.
* Drive the tactical day-to-day product delivery process, including ensuring agreed upon backlog items are prioritized, developed and released on time.
* Remove impediments that kill productivity or block product team progress.
* Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
* Coordinate with other delivery managers and engineering leads to identify and manage cross team dependencies.
* Communicate on behalf of the product or engineering leads when required.
* Provide execution and delivery leadership to the product teams.
* Promote continuous improvement and protect culture of innovation
* 5+ years experience working in an agile product development environment.
* 2+ years in a Scrum Master type of role.
* Familiarity with common agile/lean engineering practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices.
* Technical acumen required.
* Experienced in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional emotional intelligence.
* Adept with agile project tracking tools such as Jira/ Jira Agile or comparable (e.g. Version One, Rally, etc.).
* Highly motivated, self-driven problem solver.
* Ability to identify team impediments and proactively find solutions on-the-fly.
* PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 21 million diners per month via online bookings across 40,000+ restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.
OpenTable is an online restaurant reservation service company.