At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a dedication to clean code and proven engineering principles. We deliver creative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver outstanding quality in a dynamic, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
You will be part of a small and talented Data Analytics team. The Data Analytics team is responsible for providing Analytics Intelligence solutions for the entire organization. As a senior member of the group, you will be responsible for working with Product Managers and other leaders building scalable data visualizations in Tableau and/or MicroStrategy, and performing ad-hoc analysis. Also, you'll be contributing to the development of the data pipeline as well as the data lake.
* Architect and develop end to end scalable analytical solutions with Tableau and/or MicroStrategy
* Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners in Sales, Sales Operations, Finance and Marketing teams
* Simplify complex business problems and extract insights from large data sets
* Architect and develop analytical solutions that provide insights, not reports
* Proven ability to develop complex SQL queries, scripts, user defined functgd triggers for business logic implementation
* Well versed in normalization/de-normalization techniques for data analysis and optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments
* Participate in data strategy and road map exercises, business intelligence/data warehouse product selection, design and implementation
* At least 8 years of hands-on experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations
* Ability to lead your own projects and work independently once given a direction
* Ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc.
* Advanced data visualization skills using any technology
* Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
* Expertise with business intelligence solutions, such as MicroStrategy and/or Tableau
* Ability to work directly with executives, engineers and analysts when it comes to defining metrics, crafting solutions and providing insights
* Understanding of Data Lake vs Data Warehouse
* Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 10+ years experience
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.5 billion diners in over 20 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
OpenTable is an online restaurant reservation service company.