Job Type: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and proven engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too.
You'll Work On:
Join a fast paced highly collaborative team to build out mission-critical edge, gateway and backend microservices. You will be responsible for your code throughout all phases of the life cycle. You build it, you maintain it. All our solutions are required to scale to meet increasing demand. All your efforts will be highly visible; we code review all production bound commits.
You love to code. You're curious, passionate and constantly thinking about making code clean and better. You love technology and enjoy finding better ways to do things. You want to share what you discover and feel energized when you can learn from the people around you. When you build software, you consider how people will use it from all angles. You take pride in carefully honing your work until it feels reliable and effortless to use.
* Design, implement and maintain Java microservices
* Write unit and integration tests
* Monitor applications in production
Preferred to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years of Java and Spring development experience
* In-depth knowledge of design patterns, data structures and OO design
* Experience of building production quality, highly available services and designing service oriented architectures
* Solid experience designing and building RestFul APIs and Microservices architecture
* Unit and integration test development experience
* Document (NoSql) or relational database experience
* Experience building message driven systems, use of Kafka
* Good interpersonal skills and be an excellent teammate
Nice to have:
* Reactive programming
* Functional programming
* Docker / Kubernetes / Singularity / Mesos
* MongoDB / PostGres
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 24 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 40,000+ restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 830 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Germany, Mexico and many other countries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
OpenTable is an online restaurant reservation service company.