Vungle delivers engaging marketing experience to hundreds of millions of users around the globe. Vungle is known for its performance-driven marketing strategies. The Platform team at Vungle focuses on a number of engineering challenges in delivering highly available, scalable infrastructure that powers Vungle's core business, or building shared components across teams in areas like caching streaming, recommendations and more.
We're looking for experienced hands-on Senior Engineering Manager to help groom, and grow our Demand Side Platform engineers.
You will be an outstanding fit if…
* You have managed a team of 4+ Software Engineers
* You have the desire and experience in mentoring mid and senior level engineers.
* You have experience working in an Agile(ish) development team
* You have built globally distributed systems.
* You display trustworthiness and build credibility quickly via empathy and clear communication with others.
* You possess a desire to improve the ad experience for all mobile users.
* You have the drive to define and evangelize the future of image-, container-based and ever-evolving infrastructure at Vungle.
* Recruit, Retain, Remove, Groom, and Grow engineering team
* Lead cross-functional initiatives with our product and engineering teams.
* Collect feedback from engineering teams and design future infrastructure products that align with business goals.
* Build and evangelize best practices across engineering teams.
* Explore opportunities to provide solutions that improve engineering excellence to multiple teams.
* Design and implement mission critical, high performance, and large scale services.
* Build robust, backward compatible APIs, tools, and libraries.
* Provide details, constructive contexts, technical specifications, and code reviews.
* Identify key performance bottleneck and build solutions for it.
* Work closely with engineering leaders to redefine the future of Vungle.
* 10 + years of development experience.
* 4+ years management experience.
* 2+ years Go experience
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Data-driven and passionate about system observability and performance.
* Expertise in at least some of the following technologies:
* Distributed tracing
* gRPC and Protobuf
* Kafka, Cassandra
* Expertise in at least one of the following languages in reading and development:
Nice to Have:
* Built an open RTB specced Real Time Bidder
* Experience in other languages e.g. NodeJS, Java, Scala, Python
* Expertise in Cloud-native solutions in AWS or GCP: StackDriver, DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.
Here's a roadmap of what to expect for this role:
In 30 days, you will have developed a basic understanding of Vungle's tech stack and infrastructure and be able to diagram your own versions of Vungle's technology to facilitate communication. You will have developed an understanding of Vungle as a business: "I know exactly how Vungle makes a dollar from a customer's hands to the bank."
In 60 days, you will identify a few key themes in Vungle's infrastructure and design solutions to fix them. You will have demonstrated trustworthiness and built credibility with other teammates, as well as other cross functional groups.
In 90 days, you'll be able to clearly align individual and team goals towards wider engineering and business visions, and work closely with engineering leaders.
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle's data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns with publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore.
Vungle is a company providing a technology platform.