Engineering at Vungle
The SRE Team at Vungle is a 24/7 operation in charge of maintaining the platform Vungle uses to run production systems. You'll experience a mix of activities from optimizing Kubernetes to maintaining systems uptime, to implementing multi-region and multi-cloud deployments. This role is focused on the maintenance of reliability of the platform & processes and automation of re-occuring tasks. There is plenty of room to learn about the software deployment side of things as well.
This is a brand new team at Vungle and an exciting time to join!!
Technologies We Use
* AWS, GCP
* Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
* Redis, Mongo, Cassandra, Kafka, MemSQL
* Golang, Scala, Python, NodeJS
* Spark, Redshift, ElasticSearch (ELK stack)
* Datadog, New Relic, Pagerduty
* Ability to balance doing things right with fixing things quickly. Flexible and pragmatic, while working towards improving the long-term health of the system.
* You have a strong systems background and you can also code.
* You have an analytical approach to identifying problem components based on data points. Reliability of systems & applications is your core passion.
* The team will be responsible for analyzing systems based on data points to identify workloads that are critical to the business.
* Comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure success of the system's operation. You will be closely collaborating with other engineering and product teams to ensure that expected system behavior is understood and monitoring exists to detect anomalies.
* You will be called upon to support the stack in the event of a failure.
* You are comfortable with on-call responsibility and are able to manage a crisis working with the broader team, communicating progress and challenges during the crisis.
* 3-5 years of experience in a SRE/Systems admin related role with a background in software development
* Ability to work varying days/shifts to help cover various time zones outside of the US.
* Expertise in Linux systems administration
* Experience with Multi-Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
* Experience in building tools to automate system maintenance tasks
* Solid understanding of monitoring tools and ability to define metrics to detect anomalies
* Hands-on Kubernetes or Docker experience, including deployment tools (spinnaker, istio)
* Solid understanding of server automation systems (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
* Scripting using any language (GO, NodeJs, Bash, python, etc.)
* Hands-on experience with datadog, stack driver, cloudwatch, splunk, elk or other log processing & alerting systems
* Cloud-based networking experience (HaProxy, WAF, ELB, ALB, distributed multi-cloud VPC)
* Fluency in English
Nice to Have
* Understanding of various security standards, protocols and implementation details
* Previous professional experience writing in Golang, Java, Scala, C or C++ is a plus
* Experience using & configuring Akamai a plus
* Passionate about trying emerging technologies
* Management of a distributed Kafka cluster is a plus
* Fluency in Mandarin Chinese a plus
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle's data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns with publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore.
Vungle is a provider of a mobile performance marketing platform.