Engineering at Vungle:
We are building a world-class engineering team with diversified skills and backgrounds. As the leader in in-app video advertising, we are taking on a challenge that has never been solved: to fundamentally change the mobile advertising industry so that ads make sense for users, application developers, and advertisers.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, Data you should have a passion for developing robust, real-time big data pipelines that follow data quality and enterprise-class data management standards. You love building next-generation software solutions and implementing large scale data stores that maximize performance and reliability for our use cases. In addition, you thrive in an environment where you're given the freedom to either build or leverage open source tools to help other engineers access your data more efficiently. You will also define and champion the standards, strategy, as well as lead the adoption and implementation of open source technologies & best-in-class enterprise data management solutions that support unstructured, batch, streaming and high volume data.
While we aren't elitists, we would prefer you to have a BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or a similar field. You'll be able to learn some things along the way, but there are a few essential items you should come pre-equipped with:
* 8+ years of big data and software engineering experience.
* Solid expertise and skills in OO programming paradigm and implementation using Scala, Python or similar language.
* Must have in-depth understanding of the inner workings and hands-on skills with big data technologies: Kafka, Spark, etc.
* Have built and deployed several stream processing big data pipelines into production using technologies such as Spark, and Kafka. Own data quality for various big data processing flows.
* Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, etc.
* Experience & architectural understanding working with 1 or more cloud data warehouses-AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake.
* Experience building reliable, performant streaming & batch processing big data pipelines.
* Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks; experience integrating data from multiple data sources.
* Ability to understand the existing data ecosystem; leverage existing APIs & build new ones to consume structured and unstructured (key-value) data sets.
* AWS or GCP or similar cloud platform architecture experience involving analytic systems.
* Partner, develop and own the cloud-based data management platform that will define and change the way Vungle works with data.
* Solid understanding of distributed system concepts, cloud computing.
* Possess an excellent understanding of scheduling and workflow frameworks and principles. Airflow experience a plus.
* Robust development abilities and a strong predilection for automation.
* Experience building hybrid infrastructure, Kubernetes is a plus.
* Experience with Golang is a plus.
* BS or MS (or above) in Computer Science or related technical field of study.
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle's data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns with publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore.
Vungle is a provider of a mobile performance marketing platform.