Data Science at Vungle
Our Data Scientists work hand in hand with Machine Learning Engineers to design and maintain production systems that process hundreds of millions of ad requests daily. Data scientists work on the offline models as well as the real-time production code, relying on frameworks like Apache Spark, TensorFlow and scikit-learn, as well as custom implementations of the latest machine learning algorithms.
This role requires a strong understanding of state-of-the-art techniques for deep learning, computational modeling and programming skills. You will work cross-functionally with stakeholders from Engineering and Data Science. You will also have an opportunity to participate in building Vungle's patent portfolio.
What you'll do
* Be eager to apply your data science skills across a broad range of business and technical problems
* Design and execute multivariate testing strategies to inform and improve effectiveness across a variety of user engagement metrics
* Use biometric research data and behavioral data to develop novel machine learning algorithms with an emphasis on creative composition and optimization
* Perform offline analysis, feature engineering, model design, and online testing to improve ad recommendation models
* Manipulate and analyze large data sets, using a variety of tools and machine learning or statistical techniques
* Develop models for sentiment/emotion evaluation/classification including NLP and deep learning approaches
* Utilize statistical programs (e.g. R, Stata) and/or a programming language (e.g. Python) for analysis
* Technologies used: Python, SciPy ecosystem, Apache Spark, Keras/Tensorflow, AWS, SQL, Git, Matlab
* Develop and manage implementation of deep learning algorithms
* Explain statistical and machine learning concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Maintain current knowledge regarding relevant research and publications in the field
* 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist with 5+ years of total experience
* Strong production level skills applying machine learning to large scale data problems
* 2+ years' experience developing statistical models for production applications
* 2+ years' professional experience with at least one programming language, such as Python, Java, Scala (we primarily use Python)
* Strong understanding of fundamental machine learning concepts and algorithms
* Expert in SQL and comfortable with various SQL or noSQL databases
* Experience producing data visualizations and presentations in a professional environment
* PhD or MS work specifically involved in the application of deep learning, machine learning and data science techniques
* Prior experience with Spark or Hadoop
* Experience with TensorFlow, SparkML and scikit-learn
* Experience mentoring junior data scientists
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle's data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns with publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore.
Vungle is a company providing a technology platform.