Senior Developer - High Jump
Req #: WHQ00015982-CT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Senior Developer plays a crucial role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Senior Developer's role is to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. The Senior Developer is highly experienced and has decision-making authority. He/she is self sufficient, requires no direct supervision, and mentors/coaches others.
* Leads the software development team(s) during the design/build phases of the SDLC
* Support and troubleshoot software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
* Develop appropriate software documentation as outlined in IDF
* Complete comprehensive unit testing on all developed/enhanced software
* Works/Consults across multiple projects; functions as a project leader
* Works on complex projects that require subject matter expertise
* Provides direction, tools, technical and process support to less senior developers
* Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of SDLC processes, inputs/outputs , standards and best practices
* Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of development methodologies, software design and design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles.
* Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of software engineering best practices such as: versioning and versioning control, software packaging and software release management
* Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the application of development domain areas and specific technologies and tool set
* Demonstrate proficient knowledge of application architecture and architecture constructs as it connects to the enterprise architecture
* BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training
* 4-6 years SQL developer including CLR
* Familiar with Microsoft .NET technologies
* Troubleshooting of complex applications
* Administrative functions such managing application changes, application deployments to various environments, user configuration set up etc.
* Warehouse management application development and support, preferably High Jump WMS (Warehouse management System)
Additional experience needed in the following areas:
* Business Acumen
* Creativity & Innovation
* "Big Picture" Thinker
* Effective Communication (verbal + written)
* Understands Technology systems & applications
* Vendor Management
* Exceptional at coding and on time delivery of quality components and or applications
* Exceptional at component and unit testing of following standard practices and methodologies
* Exceptional utilizing the technologies and domain knowledge with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
* Exceptional at working problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors
* Exceptional at triage or analysis of situations for production support
* Excel with on time delivery with minimal supervision
* Effective verbal and written communicator
* Effective participant of requirements gathering, requirements analysis
* Excel at applications and component design following a prescribed architecture and technology footprint
* Proficient at architecting small systems following the prescribed technology policies or architectural footprint
* Proficient at working problems of high complexity, medium size scope
* 5 or more years of experience in application design, development, installation, modification; depth; industry exp.; project mgt.; structured design, development and implementation of new computing architectures
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.