Senior Manager - PMO Portfolio Management
Req #: WHQ00015723-RT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The PMO Senior Manager will conduct project management activities related to strategic IOE programs in addition to managing the personnel and activities of the functional PM team. Also, this person will ensure that projects are conducted in accordance with PMLC concepts and methodologies. Further responsible for driving positive change, innovation and efficiency through the PM team. Lastly, build a best in class PMO team through continuous structured organizational review to manage activities and personnel.
* Responsible for career development, performance management and performance review process for Program/Project Managers and Business Analysts.
* Provide oversight and guidance for project management staff by developing or modifying work plans, assigning and distributing work, providing work instruction, resolving problems encountered during daily operations, and providing input for the performance enhancement plan.
* Lead program/project teams to develop and gain approval of project plans, which outline the objectives of the project, scope of work, and project elements, including: schedule, project deliverables, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing staff requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
* Provide oversight and guidance over the development and monitoring of project budgets
* Applies the knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to meet the project requirements and achieve business results
* Analyzes requirements across interdependent projects to identify opportunities for synergies and cost savings
* Creates leading practices in project management.
* Coaches project managers in the team on the PMLC process
* Applies financial knowledge of budgets and estimation to successfully manage projects
* Anticipates potential budget concerns and takes actions to avoid issues
* Develops financial models and reviews scope and budget to ensure assumptions are clearly documented and tracked during project delivery
* Forecasts and evaluates risks with the identification of actions to avoid or minimize negative impacts on the project
* Develop relationships with and ensure appropriate participation of key stakeholders and executives.
* Serve as the primary contact for business relationship for project management services and practices.
* Develop, implement and monitor contracts with vendors, ensuring conformance to approved plans and contract specifications.
* Provide communications on services, utilization, engagement, accomplishments, overall value-add to the organization.
* Change Advocate- Reviews change readiness assessments and makes recommendations for organization change management actions to increase readiness and adoption of technologies deployed
* M.S in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields
* PMP Certification
* 7+ years of team lead and/or IT management experience
* Expert level program/project management and business analysis skills and proficiencies in related methodologies, with a minimum of 7 years successfully managing IT projects of "high complexity" as reflected in: size of project, cost of the project, size of project team, depth and breadth of project manager role & responsibility, span of project impact (i.e., enterprise-wide, multi-departmental, or having a major market or external impact).
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.