Developer - IT
Req #: WHQ00016055-CT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Developer plays an important role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Developer's role is to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. The Developer is experienced and self-sufficient in performing his/her responsibilities.
* Design, develop and modify software applications/systems according to business requirements.
* Consults with Business Analysts and business partners on potential software solutions for business specifications.
* Provides support to the software development leads (Senior Developer) during the design portion of the SDLC.
* Support and troubleshoot software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions.
* Develop appropriate software documentation as outlined in IDF
* Complete comprehensive unit testing on all developed/enhanced software
* Works on one or more projects; may work as a project leader.
* Works on moderate to complex projects.
* Provides direction tools, technical and process support to less senior developers.
* Demonstrate advance knowledge of SDLC processes, inputs/outputs , standards and best practices.
* Demonstrate fairly advance knowledge of development methodologies, software design and design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles.
* Demonstrate advance knowledge of software engineering best practices such as: versioning control systems, software packaging and software release management (continuous integration process)
* Demonstrate advance knowledge of the application of development domain areas and specific technologies and tool set.
* Ability to troubleshoot packaged or customize software systematic and logically.
* Creativity & Innovation, Effective Communication (verbal + written), Knowledgeable of Technology & Systems, Technical writer, Problem solver, Attention to detail
* Excel at coding and on time delivery of quality components and or applications
* Excel at component and unit testing of following standard practices and methodologies
* Excel utilizing the technologies and domain knowledge with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
* Excel at working problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors
* Excel at triage or analysis of situations for production support
* Proficient with on time delivery
* Effective participant of requirements gathering and requirement analysis
* Advance knowledge of development tools using Visual Studio, .NET, .Net Core, C#, SQL Server, Oracle Database, TFS/Github and familiarity with cloud technologies.
* BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training
* 2 or more years of experience in application design, development, modification and installation of software
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* Spotfire and Foundry experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.