Lead - UX Delivery
Req #: WHQ00015590-RT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The UX Delivery Lead will be responsible for supporting and delivering an engaging user experience for a specific employee audience within Operations IT, transforming unmet user needs and business opportunities into successful employee tools. This position will be a single point of contact for UX work within a specific domain, assessing upcoming project needs and overseeing all UX work and deliverables. The Delivery Lead will represent the Employee UX team and be responsible for socializing and enforcing the team's design standards for our desktop and mobile applications with stakeholders and solution partners to ensure consistency throughout the Operations portfolio.
* Develop subject matter expertise in a domain for a specific workgroup, understanding the needs of its users and the applications they use to perform their tasks
* Establish strong relationships with biz and IT partners
* Oversee UX work and contractors across domain projects
* Enforce and contribute to design standards
* Work with UX PM to staff new intake requests and track current project deliverables
* Review wireframes, screen-flow diagrams, prototypes & UI specs
* Identify user needs and business requirements as inputs to design
* Review usability research findings and oversee related design improvements
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams as well as business partners throughout the design process
* Communicate with multiple stakeholders to review progress, articulate design decisions and incorporate feedback appropriately.
* Provide design support during development and execution; assist with QA to ensure designs are implemented accurately and with the highest standard
* Review visual design assets and document visual styling specification for development team
* Master knowledge of design standards for both mobile and desktop applications
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, information design, communications, Computer Systems, etc.).
* Ability to lead a UX team and develop consensus with cross-functional stakeholders and partners
* Positive attitude and be able to work effectively in a team
* Strong sense of accountability and drive to get results
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* High attention to detail but able to work quickly to meet deadlines
* Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
* Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
* 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design or UX research
* Portfolio examples of past UX work such as wireframes, comps or research reports.
* Experience supporting UX deliverables for eCommerce or enterprise applications; airline or travel industry preferred
* Familiarity or experience using UX tools (Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, Keynote, etc.)
* Experience with WCAG accessibility standards
* Proven effectiveness in working as a member in cross-functional teams which include business analysts, designers, researchers, developers, and product owners
* Experience with Agile and/or lean philosophy and methods
* Experience or understanding of designing for both web and mobile applications
* Experience creating or reviewing wireframes, visual design comps and design specification documents
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* include everything under Other
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.