At Wistia we believe that every person in every business will use video to communicate every day, for asynchronous as well as live communication. It will feel as fluid and natural as it does to text or call someone today. This reality is still a ways off, but we're super excited to help the world get there faster through simple and delightful video-focused products.
Wistia’s Product Engineering team team is looking for a Quality Engineer who is passionate about delivering high quality products to our customers! Wistia is focused on ensuring our customers get the best experience possible. As a Quality Engineer, you will be writing automated tests that cover targeted functionality of the Wistia app. You will also be embedded in our core video hosting product team, manually testing new features being created, and ensuring their safe release.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing and maintaining an automated integration test suite (we use Nightwatch/Node.js)
- Testing new and existing product functionality to mitigate risk and identify defects
- Communicate and report defects clearly and with good data
- Having a critical eye for product development and identifying edge cases
- Be up to date with and ensure best quality practices
- Determine the severity of reported defects and advocate for their prioritization based upon customer-facing team insights
This job might be for you if you:
- You have written automated integration tests
- Are familiar with web automation testing concepts like the Page Object Model
- You have experience with testing web applications, and are familiar with our stack (Rails, Redux, React)
- You have a passion for delivering quality software
In your first three months, you can expect to:
- Learn our products inside and out. Understand how they connect and work together.
- Identify and automate high-impact targets for testing using our Nightwatch tests.
- Manually ensure the functionality of new features in multiple browsers.
Your success will be measured by:
- Where in the lifecycle bugs are caught (the earlier the better!)
- Catching higher severity bugs prior to release.
- Adding and maintaining high-value automated tests.
- The team's increased confidence around the software release process.
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family, including dental, vision and an FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Untracked vacation and sick leave (Most employees take about four weeks of vacation)
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development and sponsorship for conferences
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
- Plenty of office snacks and beverages, and a weekly catered team lunch.
Wistia provides professional video hosting with amazing viewer analytics, HD video delivery, and marketing tools to help understand your visitors.